Wasted days and wasted nights - Wait - That's a song?

One easy way to tell if you should trim those lower branches and leaves is to get down low and look up threw the plant to see just how much light is making it down to the bottom. If you do not see any really dark areas, you should be fine. As the Major pointed out your plant is not super bushy so chances are you will have good light all the way down to the bottom.
You mentioned that you have 13+ hours of daylight where you are at, well that is plenty short enough to cause a plant to flower. When I put my 1st plants outside this year in April we had around 13+ hours of daylight and each day it was increasing by 1.5 minutes, yet one of the plants I started early began to flower. I had to put lights on the others to prevent them from going into flower as well. 12/12 is just the industry standard to guarantee that your plant will start flowering. I have flowered plants on 11/13 and 13/11 schedules before and both worked just fine.
Well, they reacted well to their training and are spread out wider than their height! So if light is the real concern, we're doing great. I wasn't sure about the energy distribution and if having so much foliage was robbing the flowers. Thanks for sharing. I can use all the help I can get! Peaceful blazing...

I have been told to wait until the plant is done stretching to defoliate in flower. That usually takes 3 weeks. The reason for that is because its the plants job to stretch for the first 3 weeks of flower. If it has to send that energy to healing, then the plant probably won't get as big.

We like to trim some of the lower fan leaves and small lower growth before they go to flower. It sends the energy that wouldn't make much yeild below, up to the top where the more sustainable parts of the plant are.

I have been told to wait until the plant is done stretching to defoliate in flower. That usually takes 3 weeks. The reason for that is because its the plants job to stretch for the first 3 weeks of flower. If it has to send that energy to healing, then the plant probably won't get as big.

We like to trim some of the lower fan leaves and small lower growth before they go to flower. It sends the energy that wouldn't make much yeild below, up to the top where the more sustainable parts of the plant are.
Aha! Preparation! I'll tell you, when I popped that first seed in Nov, I wasn't even thinking that growing weed would be so intriguing and captivating! And so much frigging work! Lol But yeah, I'm hooked! And you guys have helped so much. To cool. I'm trying to get a great yield outta these girls and don't wanna mess it up. Hope ur Pops had a great day. Peaceful blazing

I have been told to wait until the plant is done stretching to defoliate in flower. That usually takes 3 weeks. The reason for that is because its the plants job to stretch for the first 3 weeks of flower. .

I sure wish my MG knew it was only suppose to stretch for 3 weeks, apparently she did not get that memo, though she did finally stop stretching after 7 weeks,

Landrace sativa

It was 18 inches tall when I flipped her into flower, now she hits the ceiling in my grow tent and I have super cropped most branches and have tied most down
Makes sense. Lol! We have a Super Silver Haze in the flower room. We have harvested the other 3 photos that were the same age from seed. Our SSH is nowhere near harvest. Lol! She's an unruly bushy plant, for sure! Lol!

Makes sense. Lol! We have a Super Silver Haze in the flower room. We have harvested the other 3 photos that were the same age from seed. Our SSH is nowhere near harvest. Lol! She's an unruly bushy plant, for sure! Lol!

I did some reading on MG and it has been documented at up to and over 17 weeks in flower... Oh gawd my out door grow is screwed, I will be harvesting right after christmas...lol

I did some reading on MG and it has been documented at up to and over 17 weeks in flower... Oh gawd my out door grow is screwed, I will be harvesting right after christmas...lol

I'm not laughing at you. I'm laughing near you.
I'm in the same boat. My ZD and GT will never finish before snow falls. :thedoubletake:

Back
Top Bottom