Water Farm?

I use water farm units, and yes they work very well! All I suggest is that you poke extra holes in the bottom of your buckets and do so from the opposite direction that the manufacturer put theirs in. Also if you are only going to be using two - four units I suggest you set them up individually rather than using the 8 pack kit. This will allow you to monitor the ph and ppm in each unit much more accurately and will also make them easier to manipulate/experiment with until you find a routine and schedule that works for you and your plants... I also suggest using nothing but distilled water for your plants, it is okay to rinse your hydroton (prefered medium in these untis) with tap water as long as you let them dry out completely before you enter them into the system because using distilled water to rinse gets much too expensive in my opinion and really isn't all that necessary. It is also okay to clean buckets between water changes with tap water as well, just use your hands to scrub all the grime off of the bottom and sides before reusing the buckets and let them dry as well. Some people say is is a good idea to flush the medium and the roots each time you do a water change as well, I do not do this because it seems like it would be rather stressful on the plants and I don't have a sink too close to my system so I invision drainage and root damage to be a possible issue here and I haven't run into any issues due to the fact that I don't do it so I don't think it is always necessary either, althouigh I am using an autoflowering strain and it has shorter veg and flowering expectations so that may be helping me as well. I suspect if you were to be veging the plant for an extended period either to use as a mother plant or just to get more yield this may be much more important to do from time to time. Make you you purchase a good pH meter and a good TDS/PPM meter, these will both be very important, and you should also do some research pretaining to the proper HYDROPONIC levels for both. It is important you specifically look for the hydro levels and not soil for they are considerably different. You must also beware of high res temps, water temps within the root zone must be between 65 and 75 in order to disolve enough oxygen into the water for marijuana to absorb it properly, but it must also stay below 68 most of the time in order to prevent water born diseases such as slime, fungus, and root rot. Therefore making the desired water temp between 65 and 68 degrees. This is very difficult and I don't suggest entering your plants into the units until you have this aspect well under control for this can easily make or break your plants. Controling the ambient (air) temp is also extremely useful when trying to lower your water temp because the temp of the water is usually right around the same temp as the air in the room/tent unless you have a good way to cool your water separately... I am currently using frozen water bottles that I have to constantly keep replacing, I suggest looking for a better more efficient manner to go about this if your budget permits which mine does not yet do. These are the more important aspects and issues surrounding hydroponic and more specifically water farm growing, and it is important to note that there are many more such as air circulation/ventilation, distance from lighting, co2/PPM levels, nutrient ratios, etc... It is strongly advised that you make sure you have the budget and the patience and/or knowledge necessary to grow hydroponically before you attempt doing so and in most cases it is benificial to the grower to attampt a couple successful soil grows before spending the extra money involved with a hydroponic setup that is much more complex as well. I did months of research before getting a good feel for my setup and I sacrificed a lot of extra money and plants before I did so, and although you will hopefully have a better start then I did I still suggest you proceed with caution when making some of these important decisions. Good Luck!

I just got a water farm yesterday. I noticed that the 'drips from hosing' splash onto the plant and somewhat soaks the bottom part of plant making the leaves heavy, is this ok?

Holy wall of text Batman! First-timer, try paragraphs, you'll get responses. I can't even make myself read that.

I just got a water farm yesterday. I noticed that the 'drips from hosing' splash onto the plant and somewhat soaks the bottom part of plant making the leaves heavy, is this ok?

I use a styrofoam plate or section of a clear plastic bottle. Check my gallery for examples of my solution.

Back
Top Bottom