Water, feed, soil & pots - what do you do?

dutchieman

Hi all.

New here.

I am about to attempt my first crop and have a few questions. I have read some sticky's and other articles, but I would like to know what other people do exactly or would do using my setup.

I plan to buy big buddha feminised cheese seeds.
Veg them.
keep one or 2 as mothers.
Take cuttings.
Then grow cuttings all the way to flower.

I will have 4 600w hps in veg room. 1 600w metal halide in veg room. adequate ventilation in both rooms.

Can anyone answer the following questions for me.

how long to veg mother(s) before taking cuttings?
how many cuttings to take from each mother in one go?
how long until I can take the next set of cuttings from a mother?

What is a good soil and feed combination to use for seed, veg (for mother) and cuttings, veg, flower? And what is a good feeding/watering schedule? and when to flush.

how long to veg before flowering? (i plan to finish flower in 10 litre pots)

how often should i change pots? eg. propogate, 5 litre pot until end of veg, 10 litre pot for flower.

foxs farm soil and feed is not an option as its expensive. Also, I aint got much money so cheap (but good) options would be best.

Thanks to anyone who answers.
Sorry if this post in the wrong place and sorry if i said something in this thread that i shouldn't have.

peace

Start training ur mothers as soon as they have there first set of real leaves. bend, tie down, top, as much as poss. U can take cuttings as soon as the mother is mature. In otherwords long enough to be sexually mature. under 600wmh u should be able to take first cuttings after a few weeks. when i take cuttings i'll take upto 80% of growth of. and for taking next round it depends on what u are feeding and the plants recovery rate. i take cuttings every couple weeks.

i move to a larger pot every 4 months or so and start off in a 6.5litre air pot and usually only increase by 1 or 2 litres in size at a time. i have mothers in 12-15litre pots that have been going 3 years and easy yield 100 cuttings+ per plant.

im not sure about soil mixes as my mothers are in coco/perlite mix. u want to train so looks something like this:

20121009_153223.jpg

I think that advice is solid.

the main thing is to read, read, read and then try. you'll get feedback from the plants pretty quickly.

I would save up and invest in a bag of Roots or fox farm.it makes all the difference in the world to have a
good grow media.or you can get a cheap bag of soil from homedepot walmart or whereever,and get a
bag of prlite and mix the perlite into the soil for better aeration and drainage.

i like using smart pots full of coco w/ a drip irrigation system. you can set up a drip system for fairly cheap. a submersible pump, 5 gallon bucket for your rez, 1/2" and 1/4" tubing with some fittings, and a pump like youd see in a fish tank to keep your rez mixed up, all for like $50. and thats in alaska where everything is exspensive, probably cheaper if you live down south. but i would highly recommend a drip system if you go coco, it makes life real easy. i would also recommend drip clean by house and garden. its kind of exspensive at first but it lasts for a long time. basically without goin into detail, it keeps salts from building up. it really is an amazing product.

I do multiple feedings per day. During veg my pump kicks on for 1 minute a day at first, 2 times a day later on. And work my way up to four feedings per day during flower. I like multiple feedings per day as opposed to fewer big feedings. Multiple feedings draws more oxygen into the coco. I run my nutes at about half strength of what I'd normally run, and feed with nutes everytime, no flushing. Most people recommend flushing because of salt buildup in coco, but with the drip clean, I haven't had a problem. My plants seem to like the constant nutes. I was using Halo drip rings, but I was getting inconsistent feedings based on where the drip ring was in conjunction to the drip system. I tried installing valves and dialing it down to where they come out even, and could get it close. But still varied enough to bug me. So I just made drip rings out of 1/4" tubing and some tee's. just poked the right size/amount of holes to where each ring would distribute the same amount of water.

Back
Top Bottom