Water filters on my tap water?

RandyL

I live in Los Angeles, and the water here tastes terrible, who knows how many minerals are in it.

I've seen those water filter setups that attach to your kitchen sink, like Brita brand filters.

Just wondering if they can filter the water enough to make it good for watering the plants, with the appropriate nutrients added to it on fertilizing days.

And what about for flushing plants too? Would a Brita or some similar brand filter clean the tap water enough?

It sure would be a lot easier than lugging 5 gallon containers of filtered water into the apartment from the parking lot, which might attract attention. Attention bad. Subtlety good.

i don't know the answer to your question but there are many sorts of filters available that aren't nessesarily for growing. bigger ones like i used to have on a well that have various filtering options. try googling 'water filters' or maybe 'inline water filters'. reverse osmosis filters are something for you to check out also. i know there are posts here about them. i'm sure you'll get replies from someone more knowledgeable than me.

good luck.

Back
Top Bottom