Water Temperature

syscokid88

I am growing in a current culture system. The problem I have run into is I change the water and chemicals every week, and this is the first winter that I have grown cannabis. The room I grow in is a great temperature, but I have to flush out my tanks and the only water supply is cold water. The temperature out of the tap is 45 degrees and I'm concerned that might shock the plants. Does anyone have any solutions to this problem, or will the lower temperature not hurt the plants. I usually run my water through a chiller and keep it at 65 degrees, but it would take awhile to come up to that.

Thanks for your help;

Bill

Any way for a same size reservoir being filled a day before change to get water to room temp? Using a submersible pump from one reservoir to other. 68 is ideal for water temp, I wouldn't go under 63 myself, even flushing.

Thanks for your comment. I have an eight bucket current culture system, so I can't remove the plants from one bucket to another. The system has to be flushed every week. I think I'm going to get my son to install hot water in the room and just mix it so I can keep the temperature up. I was just wondering if the colder (45 degree water) would hurt or shock the plants. Don't want to kill them....:)

Thanks for your comment. I have an eight bucket current culture system, so I can't remove the plants from one bucket to another. The system has to be flushed every week. I think I'm going to get my son to install hot water in the room and just mix it so I can keep the temperature up. I was just wondering if the colder (45 degree water) would hurt or shock the plants. Don't want to kill them....:)
cold water will shock, either keep buckets of water out over night or install both hot and cold taps, it's not a bad idea to keep water out over night anyway to dechlorinate the water before using.

R
:420:

get a 32 gallon trash can and fill it,put air stones and a pump for the proper size I have 2 and use aquarium heaters this time of year,then take the water as needed

always set the water out for a day atleast,never from the tap to the plants,to much chlorine in it.

Back
Top Bottom