Watering master of disaster

Hard to tell but I’m sure they are already looking happier.

104F68E7-8A80-4B40-B921-81E8F8EEFAB1.jpeg

Would you recommend I now wait until they’re completely dry before watering again? It’s giving me hope that I may actually end up getting these girls to be happy again. So nice to think I will finally have a little more of an idea about the soil grow process.
Thanks Emilya

She definitely is! Thank you. Appreciate the optimism haha. I am definitely going to do precisely what I’m told and learn as much as I can when given the opportunity
Happy to hear! Always optimistic, it's the key to many success stories. Good luck!!

Hard to tell but I’m sure they are already looking happier.

104F68E7-8A80-4B40-B921-81E8F8EEFAB1.jpeg

Would you recommend I now wait until they’re completely dry before watering again? It’s giving me hope that I may actually end up getting these girls to be happy again. So nice to think I will finally have a little more of an idea about the soil grow process.
Thanks Emilya
Yes, let them establish a good wet/dry cycle again, and you got this made

You're back! Great to see you around again, Herb! :thumb:
Glad to see Emilya's got you pointed in the right direction- If she can't fix it, no one can!

You're back! Great to see you around again, Herb! :thumb:
Glad to see Emilya's got you pointed in the right direction- If she can't fix it, no one can!
Hey legend!
I haven’t had time to make the rounds and visit all my old grow homies yet but I’m looking forward to it!
It’s good to be home!
I strayed too far and lost my way hahaha but Emilya took me under her wing and hopefully before too long I’ll have some nicely finished flowers again.

I actually did a grow in the turbodirt prior to this run and had a reasonable result. So I’m looking forward to learning and understanding how to optimise everything in a soil grow!

This was a skittles auto I grew last which turned out nicely. Absolutely a big fan of the terps and feel of the soil grown buds. Hopefully I can get back to this and improve on it with a little help from my friends here.
7A43A575-8735-4C65-A060-0EFDB68F2CBC.jpeg

Well today I’m happy to say, I received a bunch of additives today that may be less than useful to me lol.

I was reading about them on the website and thought they sounded great hahaha.

You live and learn I guess lol

0A14C10D-F865-413D-8F49-3F1F2270B3D2.jpeg

I received a bunch of additives today that may be less than useful to me lol.
They actually look pretty good- the correct amounts, given at the right time for the right reason, should be beneficial - not sure about that squid stuff though- I can't see the NPK numbers on that one.

Don’t worry, I’ll do a grow journal from start next time, using the knowledge I’ve gained here and we can find out how they go together haha

Cool! Be sure to tag me when you get that one going:high-five:

G’day guys,

Been a few days since transplanting two of the auto girls. I do feel like they’re slowly on the mend.

I’ve also top dressed the gorilla glue photo with worm castings and watered it in with root roids. Just hoping to give her some strength until the turbodirt arrives and I can transplant her too.

The Critical auto seems to be doing well however the tops are all drooping quite a lot.. I don’t feel like it’s overwatering and none of the other plants are doing it. Anyone have any insight for me on this? Could it be related to lack of nutrients? The lights are only 220W and currently at 70% so I’d be surprised if it was anything to do with that.
Temps are about 20-22C and humidity at around the 50% mark consistently.
The below pics were taken about half an hour after lights on but they’ve been like this over the course of the day.

955FD28F-B849-4706-BF7C-08607CE624C9.jpeg

Ghost cookies responding well to the new soil.
51F9C9C0-13F3-4BA9-B573-2B5788B91C1D.jpeg

Critical tops I mentioned above.
04CD06EF-151B-47E9-BFB9-5BCDA3F1C5A6.jpeg

Gorilla glue photo. Hopefully going into a new 7 gallon pot next week with good soil.
00F62C53-F83D-4E06-A9E2-114F9EB21E3E.jpeg

Bottled nutrient arrived too - thought you guys would like to see
48CCCE69-EDE8-4178-9B45-EEAE4A25FEAE.jpeg

D9F54E05-0A58-4EEC-A053-690B229BBF49.jpeg

Correction, I have the FGI square 3’s which are 320W which is meant to be enough to flower well in 3x3 which is what my tents are

So, the smallest of the 3 seems to be doing the best at the moment. I thought the ghost cookies in the back right of the tent was coming good but her leaves still seem to be yellowing and fading.. even though I’d given her root roids and put her into the super soil..

Any advice on how I might be able to get her back on track? I really want to save her! She’s still too heavy to water again. Another 3 or 4 days until watering from the feel of her at this point.

Thanks guys, would hate for her to not make it!

45CA6DD8-DDFF-4ACE-B3D0-7F65993EE2D2.jpeg
067D7EC1-7F24-4FE4-B76A-EF6E6897E054.jpeg
0562F3AD-4BC2-468D-9437-03F4F612DEC2.jpeg

Good Sunday, Herb!
I'm not a great diagnostician...that being said, here's what I think you've got going on...

To me, it looks like a nitrogen deficiency, or a nutrient uptake problem, possibly caused by
incorrect pH- have you been pH'ing your water to 6.2-6.8?
If so, you need to get some nitrogen into those girls...the sooner, the better.
Even though they're in flower, they still need nitrogen, just not as much as in veg.
Your Fish Hydrolysate (2.3-1.3-0.3) may do the trick if it's not a pH problem- just don't overdo it, and don't expect to see any positive results until day 5 or 6 after applying some N.
Since they're flowering, are you adding any extra Potassium? The fish stuff doesn't have much.
But, the fish stuff will also supply a little extra phosphorous (1.3)- something also needed during flower.
If I'm wrong here, maybe it'll elicit a response from "someone what knows for sure" :)

Good Sunday, Herb!
I'm not a great diagnostician...that being said, here's what I think you've got going on...

To me, it looks like a nitrogen deficiency, or a nutrient uptake problem, possibly caused by
incorrect pH- have you been pH'ing your water to 6.2-6.8?
If so, you need to get some nitrogen into those girls...the sooner, the better.
Even though they're in flower, they still need nitrogen, just not as much as in veg.
Your Fish Hydrolysate (2.3-1.3-0.3) may do the trick if it's not a pH problem- just don't overdo it, and don't expect to see any positive results until day 5 or 6 after applying some N.
Since they're flowering, are you adding any extra Potassium? The fish stuff doesn't have much.
But, the fish stuff will also supply a little extra phosphorous (1.3)- something also needed during flower.
If I'm wrong here, maybe it'll elicit a response from "someone what knows for sure" :)
Thanks for taking the time to offer advice, really appreciate it!

I’ve been PH’ing and generally feed at 6.5. I don’t have a ph pen for the soil though so I have no way of knowing where it’s sitting at in there..

I just read up on all of those bottles I got myself and none of them mention potassium lol damn it!

When she dries out I’ll give her a drink with a little fish sauce and in the meantime I guess I should find some way to get them some potassium in their life.

Thanks again champion. Oh, and it’s Monday over here down under haha. Enjoy your Sunday!

OK, I think I’m going to order one of these each to have on hand for my ladies.

100% organic and seems to be ticking some boxes that the other bottles weren’t.

That should work- in the meantime, the Kelp stuff you have has a bit of Potassium- not much ,but better than nothing till your new stuff arrives.
Sorry, Herb- I thought you were in the UK for some reason...hell, it might be Monday there too as far as I know.. :)

just because a bottle says made from organic material doesn't make it organic , 95 % of the nutrients in a bottle are chelated in some way , its a sneeky way of marketing their products , so its a chemical fertilizer , dry o.m.r.i. designated products are what you want , worm casting , compost , are organic and don't need to be cooked 1st , where as bat guano , dolomite lime , meals of any kind (alfalfa ,kelp ) all need to be cooked before you add your plants to the soil , the microbes will make these organic items available for your plants but it must be done before you plant , this is a soup style of growing organic and synthetic , it doesn't work out well , one or the other style , and don't worry about ph if you grow true organically , all i would do is 1/2 cup of worm casting for these plants , your water has to be pure (under 50 ppm ) city water has too much shit in it for pot grown plants , its ok for outside growing but not inside organic pot grown plants, it probably has chloramine and chlorine in it , chloramine does not dissipate off , distilled or r.o. ,rain water , is all you can use inside anything else kills off your micro beasties ,so now the stuff you added are not available to your plants , make a compost tea for them , keep the ppm of your tea below 100 ppm (dilute your tea ).organic growing is about feeding the soil (micro beasties ) not the plant its a whole new mind set of growing , the micro beasties feed the plant .T.L.O. GROWING by the REV. is a great book for knowledge if you wanna grow organically , best 30 bucks you will spend , it really changed my way of growing . now i just water my plants with r.o. water and about every 3 weeks i give them a compost tea , (worm casting , crushed dolomite lime , insect frasse and r.o. water , thats it ) bubble for 24 hrs , dilute to 100 ppm and feed .dont worry about ph .

Back
Top Bottom