Watering! Please reply if you get a min

Deejay

Hi all, hope ur all doing ok!

My girls are currently in 11L pots at the min and ive been watering about every four days. I water until theres run off of about an inch deep in the saucers, when i look in the morning its all gone from the saucer...im giving them around the same amount of about 1800-1900ML each. My question is this...

Would you say its better to water less and more frequently? Ive been reading that if you water more and less often your girls might show deficiencies that might not even be there due to watering more and less often. I use the finger method to tell if my soil is dry, when i come to feed them its very lightly moist to where i can rub it off my finger which i think is OK? Im really paranoid about watering because i no its an essential factor towards growth. And i dont know if im stunting them by doing the current water schedule there on at the min? Any answers would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks in advance!!

Re: Watering! Please reply if you get a min... :)

too much water! water till you see it drain out ... don't leave that water in the saucer!! (bugs/mold) let the plant dry right out till the pot is light but not to the point of drooping then water again

Im totally with Buckshot I was fixing to type the same thing but saw he already put it .
I did that with my first grow and my girl started to turn brown, I take my plants outside , give them a good watering til it comes out from the bottom , let it dry outside for a few and let them have some fresh air , then put'em back into my grow area. They seem to like it :)

when i was in soil, i simply raked the top of the soil so it wasnt all hardened up (allows for more even distribution of the water) watered them until it started to run off. then let them sit for 20 min or so.. and dump the runoff water. ( or better yet, test it, and then dump it)

i wouldnt water again until it felt like there was almost no water left in the pot. felt about as heavy as just dirt plus maybe half a pound (in a 3 gallon pot) at this point, if you dug your finger into the soil, you wouldnt find much moisture at all until about an inch to an inch and a half down.

now that im growing in hydro... it really shows how nasty water can be if you just let it sit around with nutes and not taking care of it properly.. within days it can do from clear, to nasty scum and floaties.

Back
Top Bottom