Watering Question

sure seems like underwatering to me.
my vegetating plants are watered as needed but at least every other day and get about a gallon, and they are in 5 gal pots.

the flowering plants are watered every day. i water so some water is draining out.

How do they look? Do they look healthy? How big are the plants?

Some do some dont. I have a little yellowing at the bottom of the plants and they look like they are deficient on calcium even though I'm using Cal-Mag.They do droop sometimes. I have been letting the medium dry out in between waterings. I thought they might have nute burn on some plants but they may be under nourished.

U should be watering potted plants as often as needed. The smaller the pot, the more frequently u will need to water. Small pots can be lifted or tilted. The weight of the pot is one indication of how wet or dry soil is. Another way is to lightly dig into the surface of soil approx 2 inches. If soil is dry water. When watering water until u see water flow from the holes in the bottom of the pots (this is for plants with established root systems). Don't water again until pots get pretty dry (not completely dry). Watch ur plants' leaves. Perky, growing up/out means they're ok. Droopy, dry leaves plant needs water. Have u started fertilizing yet?

U should be watering potted plants as often as needed. The smaller the pot, the more frequently u will need to water. Small pots can be lifted or tilted. The weight of the pot is one indication of how wet or dry soil is. Another way is to lightly dig into the surface of soil approx 2 inches. If soil is dry water. When watering water until u see water flow from the holes in the bottom of the pots (this is for plants with established root systems). Don't water again until pots get pretty dry (not completely dry). Watch ur plants' leaves. Perky, growing up/out means they're ok. Droopy, dry leaves plant needs water. Have u started fertilizing yet?

Yes I started fertilizing. I started doing research and foud this website: The Complete guide to Sick Plants,pH, and Pest troubles! - International Cannagraphic Magazine Forums

The plants that I thought I had nute burn look alot like they are calcium defecent. I've only been giving them about 1 quart every 3 or 4 days and the plants in square 3.2 gal pots seem to be the most affected. Maybe the water isnt penitrating enough to reach the bottom roots? I'm using 7ml of Cal-Mag in my mix every time and FF Ocean Forest is high in oyster shell so I'm a bit confused.
My last indoor post you noticed the yellowing leaves. According to the site it's resembleing a nitro and zinc deficiencie. It might be why I had the slower grow rate in veg.

How much water do you give each plant per feeding in your grow? Lets say its in mid to late veg. And how much during flower? My indoor plants in the 3.2 gal rose pots dry out fast. And I noticed the day after I watered my greenhouse plants the plants on the north side were dry by the next afternoon to around 4".
I am running a mix of coco and fox farm that was recomended to me but some here say it's a bad idea to mix the two mediums. I have a line on some healthy GDP's started from fem seeds already in 1/2 gal bags. So I want to get a good method down so I can see optamum results.

Back
Top Bottom