Watering routine

Stunned

Man, I'v got to figure out a better system for feeding my girls.
This is my third grow, all in 100 % pure coco, and getting water is starting to become a real chore
I get RO water in 5 gallon containers at Crappy Tire, and while it's cheap, it is a pain.
This grow, I'm doing 4 plants and at this stage where they're into the second week of flower
The girls are going through 18 gallons a week! I sure hope they don't require even more.
Those auto watering systems like Alien and the like sure look sweet.
I know I still have to get water but at least I only have to mix once and then forget it.

Or maybe I should install an RO unit to my house's water main.
That would probably make more sense. Or do both
Any way, this is the last grow doing it this way

Get an RO Buddy, like $60

Get an addapter for your bathroom sink

Get 5gal buckets or camping jugs

Fill em in yer bathtub

What I do, once I got to where I had to fill 15gal at a time at the gas station, I was done....lol

agree
going out for 18 gallons a week is crazy
I'd pay someone like Culigan a reasonable fee to come in every few months to change filters on the House main
and I'm going to pay attention to some of the auto feed threads

I just put an RO in my home. I bought RO for way too long.
I put 18 gallons of solution in my rez every 5 days, doing 8 cycles a nite. I just redid my irrigation in the past few months. Love it, working great, no concerns if I have to be away for a few days at a time.
You can see the system here.
GR865's new Irrigation Setup

What size pots are you using? I was using less than 4 gallons a week with 4 plants, in 3 gallon smart pots. And that was hand watering.

RO's have come a very long way. They waste an incredible amount of water - but if your water is like mine: 800ppm (from natural limestone wells), it's no choice. Funny with my coco grow - I've been so involved with PH and PPM - then last night I encountered this - "Voltage is Healing" .. an amazing book .. how do they measure voltage in our bodies, by PH? Who knew? This is a fascinating subject, we literally are batteries - just like the Matrix. Do a quick search for Jerry Tennant, amazing man: first to ever perform oupatient ophthalmic surgery, first to use a laser, first to use lenses for post cataract surgery.

They are 3 gallon Airpots (green bottom)
If I feed to 15% runoff, I'm giving them almost 3 gallons a day
Is this typical or normal?

You do not need that much waste. Water just enough to start some runoff. Mine were taking about 2 cups a day. I would say give each plant 2 cups each and watch for waste. It will only take a few minutes to see if they need more or less

You do not need that much waste. Water just enough to start some runoff. Mine were taking about 2 cups a day. I would say give each plant 2 cups each and watch for waste. It will only take a few minutes to see if they need more or less
yeah.... 2 cups won't be near enough to get runoff on a daily feed
maybe.... 6
they drink like nobody's business
right now it's usually 8 cups to get any kind of runoff
something I'v been noticing with this grow that I haven't seen on previous
is droopy after the feed..... one in particular just sags soon after a feeding
I'v not seen this before, the plant always comes back
it's not PH, temp, PPM
and I thought over watering wasn't in play
but it sure looks like at least one of them don't like too much water

You should check the ppm's of your tap water. I thought the same thing years ago, why not use tap. I checked my tap water and it hovers around 800 ppm, the state max for drinking water/tap is 1000 ppm. I do not drink it or use it for cooking, just washing dishes, clothes and body.
I put an RO under the sink with a 3 gallon holding tank. Was a good one, gets one gallon RO per one gallon waste, the best I found. Capable of 70 gallon/day.

Ditto, check our your ppm from the tap. Our water comes from limestone wells, and is full of cal mag.. it's over 800ppm, and I killed my first seeds with it, way back when. Many here in town mix their RO water (mine is 60ppm) with the 800ppm - but I like to mix distilled with the tap water to bring it down to around 200ppm.

Back
Top Bottom