Website/App Helps You Select The Right LED Driver

Fastarkid

420 Member
If you're a human calculator with this kind of stuff...please !

I'm doing a setup that has
  • 20 LED modules/strips
  • each module takes 52 volts
  • each module takes 900mA
  • the driver needs to be Constant Current pegged at 900mA while at 52volts
Should I get two drivers to put ten strips on each driver with all ten wired in parallel such that I'll need 9Amps at 52 volts?
or is there a budget friendly driver that can handle all 20 strips?

I recall being at a website where it asked some questions and each question narrows
the options until it gets you to just a couple of options for selecting the recommended MeanWell driver.
Ignorantly enough, I didn't save that website and now I can't for the life of me find it.

Do you know which website has a helper for narrowing down the options like that?
thanks, Dan

Hope this helps:

Although most modern drivers work around the world, you should double-check that the input voltage range fits your country’s standard voltage. So, if you’re reading this in the USA, the driver should have a voltage that includes 120V.

Turning to the output voltage, this will tell you the total voltage and amperage your driver will supply to your LED lights. To find out how many LEDs you could successfully attach to your driver, you need to divide the total voltage in your driver’s output by the voltage of your LEDs.

After you’ve established how many LEDs your driver’s voltage can supply, you need to double-check the amperage of your LEDs. The maximum amperage of your LEDs must be able to handle the amps provided by your driver.

This site might also help: LED Driver Selector Tool

Back
Top Bottom