Week 6 flower major yellowing

dmoney4201

i have a first grow that is showing major deficiency issues

here's the info:
4'tall x 2' x 2' wide box with 4 150 watt cfl's at 11,000 total lumens

i have 3 bag seeds....2 blue dream, 1 purple diesel 73 days old from seed, 6 weeks since 12/12 in 2 gallon pots

fox farm OF soil

unfortunately they have been fed Miracle Grow Bloom booster 15-30-15 at 1/4 strength every other feeding from weeks 1-5 of flower.....i have stopped as the chlorosis began to set in....now its very bad

is there any hope in fixing this issue and maybe getting some more weight out of those buds....or are these things going to be stunned for good?

will they be potent? or is this going the be crappy quality smoke?

plant #3 and #6 started showing some banana's about 2 days ago....a couple have dried up brown... should i harvest them now be4 the nana's open??

thanks for any given advice...if i forgot to mention anything please ask
P1191845.png

also posted in pest and problems....not sure which section is the right place for this post

I still think its a zinc defeciency & yes it can cause stunted growth of growing tip/bud site making rather compacted.

Also noting that other defececiencys such as iron & manganese will be present also, kind of a side effect of zinc.

Zinc

Zinc plays a roll in the same enzyme functions as manganese and magnesium. More than eighty enzymes contain tightly bound zinc essential for their function. Zinc participates in chlorophyll formation and helps prevent chlorophyll destruction. Carbonic anhydrate has been found to be specifically activated by zinc.

Zinc Deficiencies

Deficiencies appear as chlorosis in the inter-veinal areas of new leaves producing a banding appearance. This may be accompany reduction of leaf size and a shortening between internodes. Leaf margins are often distorted or wrinkled. Branch terminals of fruit will die back in severe cases.

Also gets locked out due to high pH. Zn, Fe, and Mn deficiencies often occur together, and are usually from a high pH. Don't overdo the micro-nutrients- lower the pH if that's the problem so the nutrients become available. Foliar feed if the plant looks real bad. Use chelated zinc. Zinc deficiency produces "little leaf" in many species, especially woody ones; the younger leaves are distinctly smaller than normal. Zinc defeciency may also produce "rosetting"; the stem fails to elongate behind the growing tip, so that the terminal leaves become tightly bunched.

Iron

Iron is an important component of plant enzyme systems for electron transport to carry electrons during photosynthesis and terminal respiration. It is a catalyst for chlorophyll production and is required for nitrate and sulfate reduction and assimilation.

Iron (Fe) deficiency

Pronounced interveinal chlorosis similar to that caused by magnesium deficiency but on the younger leaves.

Leaves exhibit chlorosis (yellowing) of the leaves mainly between the veins, starting with the lower and middle leaves.

Caused by factors that interfere with iron absorption of roots: over irrigation, excessive soluble salts, inadequate drainage, pests, high substrate pH, or nematodes. This is easily corrected by adding an iron supplement with the next watering.

Fe is unavailable to plants when the pH of the water or soil is too high. If deficient, lower the pH to about 6.5 (for rockwool, about 5.7), and check that you're not adding too much P, which can lock up Fe. Use iron that's chelated for maximum availability. Read your fertilizer's ingredients - chelated iron might read something like "iron EDTA". To much Fe without adding enough P can cause a P-deficiency.

Note that when adding iron to the solution, it is often necessary to not use fertilizer for that watering. Iron has a tendency of reacting with many of the components of fertilizer solutions, and will cause nutrient lockup to occur. Read the labels of both the iron supplement and the fertilizer you are using before you attempt to combine the two.

Manganese

Manganese is involved in the oxidation reduction process in the photosynthetic electron transport system. Biochemical research shows that this element plays a structural role in the chloroplast membrane system, and also activates numerous enzymes.

Manganese Deficiency

Interveinal chlorosis of younger leaves, necrotic lesions and leaf shredding are typical symptom of this deficiency. High levels can cause uneven distribution of chlorophyll resulting in blotchy appearance. Restricted growth and failure to mature normally can also result.

Mn gets locked out when the pH is too high, and when there's too much iron. Use chelated Mn.

Run some distilled or R/O water thru the pots...until you get quite a bit of run off, check the ph before watering and after...should give you a good idea if your ph is off... also the flush will help if you have too much salt build up... my plant's did something very similar around the same time your's are, ended up being that my soil ph was too low...

I would say the problem is at a late stage of advancement & total yield may be severely low due to the stunted growth these defeciencys cause, sorry its abit depressing.

I use a Murphys Plant Tonic which is stuffed full of chelated Fe/Mn/Mg in late veg to ward of such problems as a one off feed.

Murphys products might be aviable in your country ?

Just thought of it after fuzzy mentioned chelation...

You could try adding some humic acid or fulvic acid to your waterings...will help make more nutrients available to the plant at a much wider ph range...

I would first start by checking your soil ph and run off first....don't want to add anything more to a locked out soil...

you can always flush and re add nutrients later...especially with synthetics since there much more readily available for uptake than say organics :)

You could try adding some humic acid or fulvic acid to your waterings...will help make more nutrients available to the plant at a much wider ph range...

Thats a very good idea :thumb:

I think humic is used in the growth & fulvic is used in the bloom from what i remember.

Back
Top Bottom