Weekend Away

BuzzDaddy

Hey all. I'm curious if my ladies will be safe and in need of nothing (mainly water) while I'm out of town? Is there anything I can do before leaving that will ease my mind and keep my girls happy?
Thanks to all so much

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900AZ using 420 Magazine Mobile App

There are very few growing setups that I can think of that can't go without water, and without us, for a weekend. I can't think of any helpful hints- just don't think you'll have any issues if you give them a little water beforehand. My normal schedule is 5-6 days away every week.

just water them really good before you go and when you get back water them again they may look slightly wilted but should bounce right back within hours of water them but if you are really worried about it you can set up a drip system and timer to feed them why you are gone

Sent from my SM-G930P using 420 Magazine Mobile App

There are very few growing setups that I can think of that can't go without water, and without us, for a weekend. I can't think of any helpful hints- just don't think you'll have any issues if you give them a little water beforehand. My normal schedule is 5-6 days away every week.
Thanks Weaselcracker. My problem is I have 4 plants and their watering times are all different. Hopefully I can work it to where they don't get thirsty and wilt me.

just water them really good before you go and when you get back water them again they may look slightly wilted but should bounce right back within hours of water them but if you are really worried about it you can set up a drip system and timer to feed them why you are gone

Sent from my SM-G930P using 420 Magazine Mobile App
Thanks for the input Sambizzy06. Only problem is, I just soaked 2 of the girls 2 days ago and I know if I water more I'll definitely overwater them and I don't wanna do that but I'll come up with a solution somehow. I am not sure what it will be but they may just have to be a little thirsty until I return back home.

I really don't see why not- it should be possible to time them so they are on a compatible schedule. How fast they dry out is mainly based on the plant size to pot size ratio. That's what I had to learn over time to have them go most of the week without drying out- while not staying wet too long, which is also a killer. I have all types of strains going in sizes from solo cups to 15 gallons, and they all do fine.

I really don't see why not- it should be possible to time them so they are on a compatible schedule. How fast they dry out is mainly based on the plant size to pot size ratio. That's what I had to learn over time to have them go most of the week without drying out- while not staying wet too long, which is also a killer. I have all types of strains going in sizes from solo cups to 15 gallons, and they all do fine.
All mine are in 5 gallon containers, 3 "cut down to size" Home Depot buckets and 1 smart pot. Honestly, the smart pot one will be OK cuz I can go days and she won't need water but the buckets are a different story. Pics of my girls are attached.
420-magazine-mobile2021966917.jpg
420-magazine-mobile268037451.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1352837067.jpg
420-magazine-mobile876139418.jpg

From the photos the ones in orange buckets look like they could go four or more days between waterings- but I'm not the one there growing them so I can't say for sure. If you can't go three days after watering -from soaked down to dry and almost wilting- you may want to consider repotting. (Unless they are autos). They're only going to get bigger, and it's best to get all your transplanting done before flowering starts. I see you're in early flowering- not to late unless they're autos but easiest would be to just fill up the pots full so there isn't that big empty space down around the stem. Also i see that they are sitting in bowls. Soak em right done till the bowls are full if you are going away and feel you have to- but I really really doubt that's necessary.
A five day wet-dry cycle is a good one for the plants. Three or four is fine, seven is about the longest I like to have it- more than that and I feel it's getting close to overwatering. Overwatering doesn't mean that you shouldn't be able to soak them right down- it means keeping them steadily wet for too long. They need that dry period too.

From the photos the ones in orange buckets look like they could go four or more days between waterings- but I'm not the one there growing them so I can't say for sure. If you can't go three days after watering -from soaked down to dry and almost wilting- you may want to consider repotting. (Unless they are autos). They're only going to get bigger, and it's best to get all your transplanting done before flowering starts. I see you're in early flowering- not to late unless they're autos but easiest would be to just fill up the pots full so there isn't that big empty space down around the stem. Also i see that they are sitting in bowls. Soak em right done till the bowls are full if you are going away and feel you have to- but I really really doubt that's necessary.
A five day wet-dry cycle is a good one for the plants. Three or four is fine, seven is about the longest I like to have it- more than that and I feel it's getting close to overwatering. Overwatering doesn't mean that you shouldn't be able to soak them right down- it means keeping them steadily wet for too long. They need that dry period too.
I thought about adding soil but someone on here discouraged it. They seem to think that it would cause the stem to rot. I will know by my mistakes with this grow that I'll fill the pots near the top.

Back
Top Bottom