LED - To buy or not to buy? - Please help

Hey Major,
MH-300? I don't know what that is buddy. Where do u find these MH-300's? We new growers need details spelled out for us or we are just lost.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900AZ using 420 Magazine Mobile App

MH-300 = Mars Hydro 300.
It is an older model but works well. You can find them all over the usual places that sell LED panels: Cramazon, Fleabay, etc.
We also have a Mars Hydro sponsor here on 420. @Mars Hydro

When shopping, keep in mind any of the smaller panels only work for a few square feet with good coverage in bloom. I'd go with one 135 watt panel per plant = about 50 watts per sq-ft.

They look well dodgey to me mate. What type of budget do you have and what size grow space? I use ninthplanet LED and ive seen all the panels run. Im currently running the 1030w quasar panels andthey are unreal. The 600w panels are great too. Have a look at my journal and you can see how they are performing.

I have grown with hps for years and years and started testing some LEDs last year. I was very reluctant to change as I do great with hps, however im pleased i done it now. It does require some tweaking to nutes and room conditions though. good luck.

I checked out your journal bud and those are some really nice buds you got. Nice looking led as well. If you don't mind me asking, how much does one of those cost in US money? I actually have 2 spaces, one is a closet, 44x40 inches, and a grow tent 3 foot by 4 foot by 63 inches tall. I'm growing bag seed in the closet presently using 600 watt hps. I'm planning on using led my next grow.

The LEDs in my journal are mega bucks. I dont know what the current exchange rate is from £-$ but they retail for £2400. But these are beast of panels. For good panels expect to pay around $1000. Quality panels are expensive to manufacture hence the high retail price. I like to use the maximum light output I can. The panels i use pull 1100w from the wall when on full power. Id be looking at 600w draw panels for your space. Get the best you can afford as it will save you trouble down the line.

Here is Ninth Planet LED products, they are sponsors here at 420. Ninth Planet LED Grow Lights UK

We run 2 of the Amazon led's in our tent.
They're both the galaxyhydro one is a COB "400w" the other is a newer "updated" 2016 model. It has more natural light then the COB.
The newer one is "300w".
In reality we have about 250w actual draw from the wall.

We're happy with them both, so far. The companies customer service is good also.

I have a Mars Hydro 300 and Perfect Sun 500. The Mars 300 would be ok for one or two plants in a small area and it is inexpensive. You can check out UrbanStoneGangApparel on YouTube. He grew with that LED light. However, if you are planning on covering more area, you are going to need much more powerful lights. Just review the grow journals on this site, search YouTube, and see what people are using and what they ended up with. Lights are just part of the equation. You can have the best grow light and still produce crap - especially when you are a newbie. I would know lol. :goodluck:

I have a Mars Hydro 300 and Perfect Sun 500. The Mars 300 would be ok for one or two plants in a small area and it is inexpensive. You can check out UrbanStoneGangApparel on YouTube. He grew with that LED light. However, if you are planning on covering more area, you are going to need much more powerful lights. Just review the grow journals on this site, search YouTube, and see what people are using and what they ended up with. Lights are just part of the equation. You can have the best grow light and still produce crap - especially when you are a newbie. I would know lol. :goodluck:
Is that name right bud? UrbanStoneGangApparel? That's what I put in YouTube and it didn't come up.

I recently bought 2 Mars 300 wanting to try them? Very impressed with what I'm seeing! I use them only for my Mothers and clones till transplant to 1 gallon. They work great with no real heat to mention and the cost was very reasonable. (Amazon) I grow with MH/HPS bur might try flower with one of my ladies just to see? Not sure I would like the outcome using only the 300! I would suggest if your going to flower with them go big or stay home, just my opinion. I will say that I really like the Mars 300 for what I'm using it for!

Is that name right bud? UrbanStoneGangApparel? That's what I put in YouTube and it didn't come up.

I missed a letter. It is UrbanStonergangApparel. My bad.

Back
Top Bottom