Weird question: can’t post pic but I’m sure someone has experienced this before

YoCeE

420 Member
Ok so I grow northern lights #5 with a hint of big bud from world of seeds. I applied col. Silver like 3 years ago and it worked great. There never used to be such wild swings between phenos but seeing how long my seeds have been stored; every 20 seeds successfully germinated for the last 3 crops I’ve seen 1-2 of this one everytime.

It ain’t a bad mutation “per say”. After all the seedling becomes a female 99.999 percent of the time. I have a plant or two every 3 months that literally makes a smaller branch; yet it is very hollow. Not only is it hollow on one of the branches only (can’t stress this enough; only 1 branch on a LST plant does it!) becomes a double chromosome sort of. What I mean is every other branch is a double leaf; double bud normal stem structure. But that one branch has 1. A very oval stem. 2. It has 4-6 leaves per double nodes. I have to pull those leaves not connecting to a node out because it creates an extremely leafy compact plant. 3. As if it wasn’t enough as it is; the leaves appear on 45 degrees spots. For example; a double node will lead to its respective leaves under the bud site; but there’s also 2 leaves under (usually at a 90 degree angle so south-north/east-west) etc. Not this one fellas. It creates a double bud; tight as hell. But it also throws triple the amount of leaves. Very small yet very healthy. One of those that doesn’t let the center of the plant breathe unless I take care of it. That’s the first one.

Second one I’ve noticed here and there in my last 2 years. The seed creates a double node as you would expect; then a very intensive stretch happens; and weirdly enough; it leads to the top becoming a 1 leaf top, with no new nodes appearing. The plant stretches 20-40% height wise longer than the others for its age; and then suddenly; it stops. Like if it believes the 1 leaf tip is now auxin driven and it is the important part of the structure. Not only that; out of that 1 leaf stem grows a single node usually on the right which looks a little shrivelled and out of place. There’s no node on the left as the leaf acts as the left tip. It usually leads to me cutting the single leaf and then I have a substantially smaller plant because it’s like I topped it too early. Haha. If anyone is struggling with the same mutation seedlings; post it here ;P I’ve had the double colour leaf also (bright perfect yellow/pale green without affecting the leaf itself) but it usually never leads to problems. Fair share of problems also from mixing pro mix with coco coir at 20-30%. 100% cal mag becomes 140-160%. But that’s whatever. I’m most interested in “bastard” genetics that end up being positive or negative :p.

Ok so I grow northern lights #5 with a hint of big bud from world of seeds. I applied col. Silver like 3 years ago and it worked great. There never used to be such wild swings between phenos but seeing how long my seeds have been stored; every 20 seeds successfully germinated for the last 3 crops I’ve seen 1-2 of this one everytime.

It ain’t a bad mutation “per say”. After all the seedling becomes a female 99.999 percent of the time. I have a plant or two every 3 months that literally makes a smaller branch; yet it is very hollow. Not only is it hollow on one of the branches only (can’t stress this enough; only 1 branch on a LST plant does it!) becomes a double chromosome sort of. What I mean is every other branch is a double leaf; double bud normal stem structure. But that one branch has 1. A very oval stem. 2. It has 4-6 leaves per double nodes. I have to pull those leaves not connecting to a node out because it creates an extremely leafy compact plant. 3. As if it wasn’t enough as it is; the leaves appear on 45 degrees spots. For example; a double node will lead to its respective leaves under the bud site; but there’s also 2 leaves under (usually at a 90 degree angle so south-north/east-west) etc. Not this one fellas. It creates a double bud; tight as hell. But it also throws triple the amount of leaves. Very small yet very healthy. One of those that doesn’t let the center of the plant breathe unless I take care of it. That’s the first one.

Second one I’ve noticed here and there in my last 2 years. The seed creates a double node as you would expect; then a very intensive stretch happens; and weirdly enough; it leads to the top becoming a 1 leaf top, with no new nodes appearing. The plant stretches 20-40% height wise longer than the others for its age; and then suddenly; it stops. Like if it believes the 1 leaf tip is now auxin driven and it is the important part of the structure. Not only that; out of that 1 leaf stem grows a single node usually on the right which looks a little shrivelled and out of place. There’s no node on the left as the leaf acts as the left tip. It usually leads to me cutting the single leaf and then I have a substantially smaller plant because it’s like I topped it too early. Haha. If anyone is struggling with the same mutation seedlings; post it here ;P

P.s. #2. Is weird because I have to cut under the miracle node. The stem of the leaf itself now acts as the extension of the plant; but it never was in the first place. So I end up cutting the most powerful solar panel of the plant; hence why it slows to a crawl but I have no Choice because the Auxin is directed to the leaf. It’s very vigorous but is such a pain at the same time ha

Back
Top Bottom