Has anyone ever seen this leaf and branching trait before?

This is a BC Bud Depot Girl Scout Cookie fem plant @ 33 days from seed. The secondary branches go up, hit a node, grow 3 leaves instead of 2, and start forming multiple nodes at these points. This worst one branched itself off double on one side by itself and the second side looks like it's doing the same (there's always a weak side on some of these plants). Any input would be appreciated and I'll take more pics as the plants progress; they are small still, and this one is hard to see because of the multiple branching clustering.

010676.JPG
011570.JPG
012511.JPG

These pics are a few days old. Thanks ahead of time.

:420:

The answer that seems most likely to me is a condition called "Autopolyploidy" which is the result of excessive hybridization (the epitomy of GSC, if you've ever checked out the lineage of the strain). And it is highly unlikely that the condition will hold, according to a book called "Biology of Plants : 6th Edition". Just in case anyone notices this condition, it's the most likely answer I could find.

:peace:

Info update: The condition above is called "allopolyploidy", which is the result of excessive hybridization and results in sterile offspring. If the trait continues in a given plant, autopolyploidy (the type of chromosome doubling that can lead to the formation of a new species) can result from this, but I'm not sure how common this is or how and if it can be induced. Sorry for the earlier misinformation.

Back
Top Bottom