Welcome To Club Quadrant

Waiting for seeds to pop outta dirt is like watching paint dry hahaha. Off to work again.

Today is Thursday, But it's my Friday so 25% today?
20201029_084941.jpg

6 days in the dirt.... Hmmm... hopefully the heating pad makes the dirt more like summer and allows the seeds to grow. Now sure how much longer I should give this before it's official and be forced to relight the rockets.
20201107_022217.jpg

This is my whole setup; Vortex air exhaust + Boxfan for air movement & Marshydro FC3000...
20201107_052019.jpg

Tent is as tidy as I can make it (messy gardener) I'll do my best to keep it this way.

20201107_051951.jpg
20201107_052054.jpg

Incase your wondering? The photos above, I've used some rubberized plant wire to help assist with keeping the light in the center... The box fan sorta is in the way causing the light to lean to the left side more.

Lighting is at 50% at the moment, when the seedlings sprout I'll lift the cups up higher and dim the light to my preferred settings.

Some SAD news in Cannabis Country today... My little seeds didn't make it...
oie_BA4F1XZvrmR6.png

I dont blame the Genitics, I blame my own method of germination... (Feel free to use this image for your own uses) I made this myself just now... Can you see the etched Cannabis leaf on the stone?

On a positive side, I've started 4 more new seeds using my older more successful method... The 4 new ones are basically Unknown Genetics ( Recieved them from a friend who collected them from bags of cannabis from the Reservations pot shops ) these could litterly be ANYTHING... Let's hope they are good danky Cannabis... or Feminized or even Cannabis, I dont wanna be growing a freakin Cabbage or something.

Well 3 out of 4 seeds poped. ;) I planted the 4th just to be sure. The seeds are all bag seeds collected from friends bags that came from the reservation, I have no idea what I'm growing, but its gonna be great!

Cannabis Genetics Preservation

Hey all, I've decided to do something that could help the future of Cannabis as well as helping myself and others in the process...

I seriously advise that everyone including sponsors, consider doing this as well.

It was insainly cheap (less then $20.00 CAD)

The purpose of this endeavor is to preserve Cannabis Genitics in the face of a real Government Genetics lockdown, to preserve strains that may die out or get diluted so much the original Genetics are lost in some manner ect.

I will keep the Saved Genetics until my death, at which point I will pass along to my kids for future generations...

So spread the word, invite people to come read this page and maybe they too can join me in this effort to preserve what YOU consider Valuable Genetics ...

I'm planning to allow my seed collection to only reach 100 strains, Yip collecting seeds is a real problem sometimes, I'm already halfway to this goal...

I'm not talking only store bought, breeder bought, I'm saying ANY strain that's been created via any means that I myself consider Valuable Genetics...

I know some of you guys/gals may have already hit this target, especially when breeding we end up with thousands of seeds and really, can we actually grow even just 1000 seeds in ourselves in a lifetime??

So I purchased these little Cryogenic vials that can be used to freeze and preserve seeds for many years to come.. Detials:

Laboratory grade Cryopreservation Tubes that are suitable for ultra low freezing tempatures...
20201121_131829.jpg
20201121_131119.jpg
20201121_131155.jpg

1.8 ml Lab Cryogenic vials
Box size 127x 127x 51mm
Screw on caps with silicone Orings inside.
Airtight and liquid tight.
These are suitable for seeds and/or Pollen.

(Just guesstimate but the vials look like they can hold anywhere from 50 to 150 seeds, I will actually measure once I receive them)

What I'm going to do exactly?

Preserveing 25 seprate strains in 4 categories,

Each category will be compiled of
10x THC Indica Dominant
10x THC Stativa Dominant
3x CBD Indica Dominant
2x CBD Sativa Dominant

25x Landrace Genetics
25X Regular Photoperiod
25x Feminized Photoperiod
25x Automatic Photoperiod

For a tottal of 100 strains, 80 strains being THC dominant and 20 being CBD dominant...

So basically ANY strains that I personally feel the need to be preserved based on my own criteria I will obtain if necessary, grow them out and make a load of seeds of that specific strain... THEN, I will choose the best looking seeds and fill up a single 1.8ml tube and shrink wrap it and store in the freezer...

I will have a master list made up per vile, each vile will be numbered to a corresponding Strain Name with detials on that strain (kinda like a guide booklet) the sheets will also be stored with the seeds, each sheet will get laminated (just incase)...

All the remaining seeds will be used for personal use grows and for trading/swapping/gifting ect with friends and people who are in need... which helps myself and others right away, while we are here to enjoy them all ;)

Thoughts and suggestions?

Awesome idea CB :thumb:
Thanks Celt, I'm positive alot of people would be capable of doing this aswell. It will be a long adventure, but well worth it.

Back
Top Bottom