What’s wrong with my auto?

I've been told it's a sign of nute burn.

How old is the plant? It'll probably start blooming soon it it's 5-6 weeks old, which means you won't get much bud, but you got pounds of experience!

She’s 4 weeks old tomorrow, I’m excited to see what happens haha, she’s starting to smell so guess she’ll be showing pistols any day now

I don’t mean to be grave digging but I didn’t update this, she ended up growing 1 top (about 1.5g dry haha) attempting another grow atm if you guys are still about thank you for all the help I haven’t attempted anything since this last one but I learnt a lot so I feel like even though the payout (bud wise) was very low the experience/knowledge I gained was worth it.

Cheers again!

let me introduce my self.... I’m a seed killer and I stunt autoflowers

group.... welcome seed killer and autoflower stunt man (that way it sounds more dignified)

I just skimmed over this from the older post, that autoflower plant was stunted from the git-go, once that happens the pin joint is all you ever get. Do not pass go - Do not collect $200. Been there, done that.... got the t-shirt.

You really need to try photoperiods, they bounce back from simple mistakes. I’m a newbie too but I finally pulled down about a dozen harvests this year with photoperiods. Learn to grow photos so that one day you can grow autos. I still can’t grow one.....

case in point I just harvested a auto Alaska Purps it’s gonna be less than 1.5 grams

To be fair yes some growers are killing it with autos, and yes they can be transplanted, topped and trained and all that BUT an inexperienced grower can stunt the crap out of them in a heartbeat.

let me introduce my self.... I’m a seed killer and I stunt autoflowers

group.... welcome seed killer and autoflower stunt man (that way it sounds more dignified)

I just skimmed over this from the older post, that autoflower plant was stunted from the git-go, once that happens the pin joint is all you ever get. Do not pass go - Do not collect $200. Been there, done that.... got the t-shirt.

You really need to try photoperiods, they bounce back from simple mistakes. I’m a newbie too but I finally pulled down about a dozen harvests this year with photoperiods. Learn to grow photos so that one day you can grow autos. I still can’t grow one.....

case in point I just harvested a auto Alaska Purps it’s gonna be less than 1.5 grams

To be fair yes some growers are killing it with autos, and yes they can be transplanted, topped and trained and all that BUT an inexperienced grower can stunt the crap out of them in a heartbeat.

Hello fellow seed killer! haha, thanks for the reply! Sorry in advance for my massive reply super excited about this!!

This time round I did consider going with a regular photoperiod and it is definitely on my todo list sometime in the future, atm I'm hoping to redeem myself (3rd times the charm I hear) so far I have two successful grows under my belt (I'll consider this one due to the fact I did get some bud in the end and learnt a lot all the other seeds I tried didn't make it due to many reasons - Overwatering, Hot Soil etc)

My first grow ever was before the one posted on this thread years ago and it was an autoflower. When I had no job, no money, no way to get all of this extravagant gear and nutes, she was a pretty nice sized auto in the end. All I had was an auto seed, a pot and some soil my grandma let me take from her garden which she would've spent years working and upkeeping. I feel like the key with autos (coming from someone with bare experience) is less is better, I currently have one on the go atm and will be making a journal sometime today, the growth rate compared to others i've seen by the pros is lacking a little but it's starting to blow up! I went back to the basics, made a simple soil with a Tomato & seedling mix + Organic compost + Perlite (Can't remember the ratios and I know I probably should've gone with a lighter medium but again its all a learning curve) it's only 15 days old and I have only given it 1 light watering with no nutes since germinating and she's looking very happy.

My main issues I ran into which I have hopefully learned from;
- Overwatering (when they say let the pot dry out completely let it dry out completely!)
- Overfeeding (Start recommended nutes at a very reduced ratio or even better make a super soil that will feed the auto from seed to finish with bare minimum nutrients added unless needed which seams to be an art, I am still wrapping my head around all the dry amendments there are and which are needed/beneficial)
- PH levels (this is a work in progress I need to invest in a PH reader pen instead of the drop test I think and test my soils level)
- Grow lights not set to a good distance from plant

Only issues I feel like I am going to face atm is PH levels, feeding in the future (Going to start with 1/4 recommended nute does when it comes to it) Heat in my tent (it's not too bad sits around 28 which is perfect from what ive read but does reach 32 degrees Celsius at times) and Humidity (seems to fluctuate between 15-40%) but all of these will come to me in time - Hopefully lol!

Auto's seem like the go to especially when you haven't grown before they are/should be super convenient and you don't have to be overwhelmed with light cycles etc, just plant and wait. But also being new to it you do get a little excited and see all these autos with the same lifespan as your own and compare them so you tend to over nurture them (my last case anyway I was very guilty of this) and as you said they aren't very forgiving.

Thanks again, hopefully I have righted my wrongs from this last learning curve but we shall see! I have plenty of auto seeds to experiment with and hopefully master them one day but I will definitely try that regular photoperiod sometime soon.

I'll post a link here to my grow journal once I get it uploaded if you're interested, I have 15 days to catch up on.

Here's a little sneak peak, bit small for 2 weeks I know, she was originally outdoors under 8 hours of light, since committing to setting the tent up again shes been blowing up! Time will tell but so far things are looking good 90% of my other attempts haven't made it this far nor look this healthy at this stage. Very exciting stuff :)

First image was 1 week ago today :) I wish I took a photo of her before I put her in the tent she had definitely grown a bit compared to the first image but nothing compared to the last 5 days in the tent.

120883270_1680882162085048_4346331989398430538_n.jpg

Capture.JPG

Back
Top Bottom