What carbon filter/fan cfm and misc questions?

James427

Hey guys what's up? Still got my 8 seedlings and one small plant in veg all from unknown bagseed. My first plant (small one in veg) is about 40 days from sprout. It has 7 full sets of true leaves and about 4 others starting from a half failed topping I tried to do and ripped a leaf a few weeks ago. Top leaves are the best looking with very healthy green (maybe even a little dark) but look very good now. Are absolutely huge so my transplant into FFOF and just water without pH balancing or nutes did the trick to get it back on track. It was quite bad before though. Had lime green color all the way through. Curling burned leaves and VERY slow growth.no matter what this is gonna be a small plant but the biggest thing right now is I just did a move (everything plants tent and all) from one place to another and that def put some stress on them. Right now in the new setting temps are quite high staying in the 80s during the day and 70s at night. And with how old my first plant is in veg I'm pretty sure it's getting close to maturing and I can do a switch to 12\12. I'm probably just gonna go 12\12 for a month or so with all these random Reggie bagseeds to try to get some "samples" of what it's like to flower in my setup before I go using my feminized WW seeds. Anyways I do not have the room for fully grown plants. So carbon filter fan are necessary. What's a good one for 3x3x6.1? I'm gonna definitely be getting a much bigger tent for flowering and use this for veg so probably something that can do 150+ square feet safely of dank smell with out it being smelt outside? I'm interested in something like a 4x6x6.5 to flower. Also seedling stretched like crazy under my 600 watt mh. It was on 50% power about 2 1\2 feet above them more like around 2 feet above during sprouting. Any ideas on what will suite my setups im thinking around 400~cfm 6" can and carbon filter. Phresh seems to be pretty good so does can filter. Other question is at 40 days from sprout can I try to flower it yet and see if it's female? I want to get it out of there if it's male asap. The seedling still have a LONG way to go they are only on day 10. Have about 2-4 sets of true leaves so far but very stretchy. I can see it now I'm gonna be getting under CFLs for a while from now on before moving under mh they are almost falling over now they are like 6 inches tall lol. Anyways for anyone curious about the Espoma Organic potting soil what happened was it was to heavy. It could be used but it needs to be cut with something like vermiculite or perlite or higher quality soil. It clumped up like mud and clay at the bottom and barely drained and did not allow enough oxygen causing root lock, root rot and pH problems also slow growth. Anyway sorry about the book just wanted to touch base on my concerns. Thanks in advanced for any input.

Six inch fan for a tent that size, seem's a bit overkill...but if yer' buying for the future...a good investment...just because I'm an impatient SOB...I went with a 4 inch carbon model(6 inch was out of stock) for my 7X7X6 room within a room(100% elimination is not my concern...just toning it down)...fair amount of heat comes off the lamp Yer' usin', so keeping it further above the babies is necessary and the cause of stretch...personally...I would go with CFL's at about 4 to 6 inches for babies till they're more established...temps are fine...keep an eye on humidity tho'...Yup, never compromise on soil...if it doesn't have drainage enhancers...add them...perlite being my preference(as in do I wanna check to see if that vermiculite contains asbestos)...You can flip anytime U want...but flipping for the older plant is flipping for the babies as well...not sure how well that's gonna' werk for Ya'...anyways...a beer/kush kinda Friday 13th...horizontal seems like a plan...lolool...cheerz...h00k...

I'm running a 4'x4'x7' tent right now and i'm using and VenTech 6"inline fan 440cfm and carbon filter combo and it's keeping my tent at a steady 73F 55%RH. You might have better luck using a 4"fan since your tent is a little smaller. I'm noticing 440cfm is a little much for me but I might be expanding soon so I will need the extra force lol. The carbon filter is doing a great job at scrubbing the air before venting out into the bathroom. I'm also using a semi-passive intake. I have a small clip on fan in a vent port on the lower portion of the tent blowing cool air in while I also keep the mesh air screens open to keep fresh air coming in. Hope this helps!

Back
Top Bottom