What Could have Happened?

Kushlyfe

OK, So I have 3 beautiful babies in mid-bloom. IM in hydro, a 400HPS, Rockwool for medium, Ph 5.7, and up until about a week ago they were fine. I check on them everyday. I forgot to mention this is my 2ND grow but first one that I have got this far with. When I checked them I noticed something I wasn't familiar with, so I left it alone. Now come to find out it was a seed! Now it's on all 3. How could 3 female plants produce seeds ? I thought male plants didn't produce buds & female plants didn't produce seeds unless around males. I am venting threw a window. Are my girls ruined? What can I do?

Female plants can produce a seed without a male, doesn;t happen to often and not with three plants at the same time. I would say it is not ruined roll with it you may have some great smoke and three seeds from those girls, Peace OG.

Hello Kushlyfe, my opinion is that hermaphrodites have the ability to produce or retain both the genes of mom and pops whom ever that is. that may be why a female prduced a seed and why a male can prduce buds. there is a whole lot of other jargon that explains better. that is just a lay man's take on this here thing we do. you may end up with a whole lot of buds with tons of seeds and then you may end up with a single seed that grows a big fatty plant and smokes fine with no seeds. I believe that is why cloning was answer to problem of question What to do with seeds that produce males. Most do not like them(males) unless for pollination or gathering it to use later. Basically, it eliminates ? as to wether plants are male or female. hope it helps

Thx Goathead. Well it looks like it's gonna B seedy . It's still krazy to me, when I was looking for the sex I thought all were females. Do seeds not produce as quick as buds?

not sure I get your question. I think you r asking about length of time to develope either one? Is that correct? Seeds for me have germinated in two to three days. Usually 2 then begin to stretch. Buds for me have taken months I did not really have the time last year to keep track or reallly pay much attention.This year I am finding alot more time and alot smaller grow. I will have to let you know. I am still tryin to figure out how to do a jornal thingie on here. I have some seedlings to start one on I just do not know how. Also some seeds will grow inside or near center of bud and will not be visible till bud is opened up.I personally have have real good luck with seedlins.Anxious to get on to feminised seeds I think. Gotta figure how to get um here without compromising my grow site to customs. Hope I helped.

not sure I get your question. I think you r asking about length of time to develope either one? Is that correct? Seeds for me have germinated in two to three days. Usually 2 then begin to stretch. Buds for me have taken months I did not really have the time last year to keep track or reallly pay much attention.This year I am finding alot more time and alot smaller grow. I will have to let you know. I am still tryin to figure out how to do a jornal thingie on here. I have some seedlings to start one on I just do not know how. Also some seeds will grow inside or near center of bud and will not be visible till bud is opened up.I personally have have real good luck with seedlins.Anxious to get on to feminised seeds I think. Gotta figure how to get um here without compromising my grow site to customs. Hope I helped.

Yes u did. That's exactly what happened... I didn't see the seeds until the bud or baby bud opened up. Hope u find out how to do a journal. Thx

Back
Top Bottom