What if I don't need no THC?

Cmoon

I don't need no thought control. BUT.

What If?

If I'm just looking for the medicinal benefits and not really looking to get high would I skip the decarboxolation step? I read that THCa has all the medicinal attributes of THC without the stony, but I'm not sure it's true. I need all the cannaboids, terpenes, all the pain killing factors, but I need to function too. Thoughts?

@Scientific

There appears to be a large gap between being stoned and killing pain. I'm just trying to narrow that gap down a little. I would love to get euphoric yes but there are days I have to simply reduce the pain. So I'm trying ultimately to find the ratio between not only THC and CBD that's easy, but there's a hell of a lot going on (chemically) which very few of us really understand.

I think this is a good thread for @SweetSue .She tends to have a lot of remedies for different things and may have a good suggestion.

@Cmoon do you mind if I post what I shared with you in our private conversation?

@Bonsaiweed Thanks for calling me in. It got lost in the list. Lol! I'm still learning to watch for the posts. :laughtwo:

It's THC that stops current pain, and does so more effectively than the other cannabinoids. CBD works on clearing inflammation to depress the chances of continuing pain and THCa does much the same thing as CBD, or so we believe. We still know so little about what's going on in the human body. We aren't rats.

But chronic pain is a special beast, and there's been extensive study on cannabis and chronic pain. It appears that you get best results from a 1:1 ratio in your meds, and if you keep the THC to no more than 10mg a dose and dose many times a day - we recommend 4-5 daily doses - you can more easily control euphoria.

You start out low and increase the CBD before increasing THC, to see if your body will respond to that increase first. When you get to the 10 mg threshold increase the CBD values to 2:1, then 3:1, and finally 5:1.

If you haven't found relief by then, slowly increase the THC values, also increasing CBD to keep the ratio balanced.

In this way you'll be more likely to get pain management without euphoria.

As you do this I'd be looking into juicing buds, or some other method of ingesting to get a full range of acid cannabinoids. Yes, they're showing effects similar to the natural cannabinoids, but that field is brand new and still in the lab and it takes time for the body to respond to them. All herbal medicines work at the cellular level and just take time to be most effective.

However, begin introducing those acid cannabinoids into your diet and you'll experience a transforming of your body's overall healthfulness. You may reach a point that this is all the administration you need. You can eat buds, or fill capsules with them as well, or make an undecarbed infused oil and use that. There are so many ways to get cannabinoids into the system.

I'd suggest a good topical for many reasons. They do much more than simply tamp down pain. It might be the key to keeping your pain manageable.

To answer the question more briefly, acid cannabinoids will work long-term, but for immediate pain it's hard to beat the power of THC.

See, I knew you were the person to involve. Thanks, Sue!!!

It's THC that stops current pain, and does so more effectively than the other cannabinoids. CBD works on clearing inflammation to depress the chances of continuing pain and THCa does much the same thing as CBD, or so we believe. We still know so little about what's going on in the human body. We aren't rats.

But chronic pain is a special beast, and there's been extensive study on cannabis and chronic pain. It appears that you get best results from a 1:1 ratio in your meds, and if you keep the THC to no more than 10mg a dose and dose many times a day - we recommend 4-5 daily doses - you can more easily control euphoria.

You start out low and increase the CBD before increasing THC, to see if your body will respond to that increase first. When you get to the 10 mg threshold increase the CBD values to 2:1, then 3:1, and finally 5:1.

If you haven't found relief by then, slowly increase the THC values, also increasing CBD to keep the ratio balanced.

In this way you'll be more likely to get pain management without euphoria.

As you do this I'd be looking into juicing buds, or some other method of ingesting to get a full range of acid cannabinoids. Yes, they're showing effects similar to the natural cannabinoids, but that field is brand new and still in the lab and it takes time for the body to respond to them. All herbal medicines work at the cellular level and just take time to be most effective.

However, begin introducing those acid cannabinoids into your diet and you'll experience a transforming of your body's overall healthfulness. You may reach a point that this is all the administration you need. You can eat buds, or fill capsules with them as well, or make an undecarbed infused oil and use that. There are so many ways to get cannabinoids into the system.

I'd suggest a good topical for many reasons. They do much more than simply tamp down pain. It might be the key to keeping your pain manageable.

To answer the question more briefly, acid cannabinoids will work long-term, but for immediate pain it's hard to beat the power of THC.
Sorry to take so long to reply but have not been too well after I caught fire to 12oz of my prized Super Skunk (I do hate all the names & the varieties of weed nowadays). Anyway I burnt 6 of my 8 plants to charcoal after putting the oven on 230C instead of 230F. I did save two plants from this (both Photos) and water cured with RO water for 7 days. These were dried then ground in a coffee grinder & then decarbed (properly using the NOVA) and are now sitting in jars with everclear.

Sweetsue. Thank you so much for your reply I really do appreciate it.

Being a non-smoker my aim is to produce a CCO but not quite as strong as neat CCO once I have boiled off all the everclear.

I am now at the point where I am going to boil off the alcohol (all safety points noted).

Once I have done this, hopefully I will have some CCO in a glass. Now I don't have cancer but I am in a lot of pain since I broke my back 20 years ago. Is it possible for me to dilute some of this oil with say Virgin olive oil? Have given up on Doctors meds as they have so many side effects........Morphine, tramadol, codeine etc.

Will it mix with olive oil? I've read so much my brain hurts but cannot seem to get an answer to this question. Is it oil, or water soluble.

You are so way above me with knowledge about our weed, you are a goddess indeed!

I hope you can help me, but I will understand that you are too busy to answer everyone who has a pretty dumb, simple question.

I am just starting out reading your 'blog' (is that the right word?) & it looks like a highly entertaining, truthful piece of writing that should go down in medical archives, you have done so much work Sue.

Anyway I don't mean to take up too much of your valuable time.

I thank you for what you have done/are doing from the bottom of my heart. Thank you Sue.

Kind regards

Respect.....As Always,

Cmoon.

Back
Top Bottom