What Is Marijuana & What Effects Could It Have On Me?

"Warning- side effects may include a strong desire to eat a whole pizza and a quart of ice cream while watching TLC."

bag of doritos, 6 cupcakes, and some super strong cherry koolaide!

Haven't had the pleasure of Purple Kush. (Yet) The Bong or Hookah is way easier on the lungs than dirty pipes and papers for sure.

you should go for the Purple Kush, I am wanting to try white russian. Yeah the pipe gives me a feeling of burnt mouth.

I have had my turn time to burn..

you should go for the Purple Kush, I am wanting to try white russian. Yeah the pipe gives me a feeling of burnt mouth.

I have had my turn time to burn..

Purple Kush it is. On my agenda for sure. Haven't heard of White Russian, but then I don't get around all that much. Will definitely have it on my to do list.

I'm thinking Denver, CO. Have heard it's pretty safe, as far as being hassled by the police. Am planning on moving there as it's still not legal in KS. This will be the last state to allow medical marijuana, if it ever does.

It is such a subjective thing (one own addiction to pot), one persons experience does not make the mold for the rest. I have never had a problem putting the herb down for a while; I have also known many of my friend who have had to quit for a time, for job purposes, legal or otherwise.
I am not only a life long smoker but, I have also worked as a schooled professional in the Mental Health/Drug and Alcohol Addictions arena. I can tell you that of all the substances that are considered to be addictive... marijuana is probably the least of all of those. A vast percentage of the time... it is more of a mental (psuedo) addiction to the smoking of the pot rather than a classic life threatening addiction... LOL

It is such a subjective thing (one own addiction to pot), one persons experience does not make the mold for the rest. I have never had a problem putting the herb down for a while; I have also known many of my friend who have had to quit for a time, for job purposes, legal or otherwise.
I am not only a life long smoker but, I have also worked as a schooled professional in the Mental Health/Drug and Alcohol Addictions arena. I can tell you that of all the substances that are considered to be addictive... marijuana is probably the least of all of those. A vast percentage of the time... it is more of a mental (psuedo) addiction to the smoking of the pot rather than a classic life threatening addiction... LOL

Exactly.. Have gone months and even over a year with no side effects, no cravings, just wishing. Would have if I could. Have been smoking since 1960. Never did anything I would not have done on a natural. Can't say the same about alcohol.:bravo:

Marijuana definately increases paranoia. You do not become paranoid because it is illegal you become paranoid about this issue in the first place because marijuana increases paranoia and anxiety. It is very psychologically adictive, it increases pleasure and makes you feel generally happier (hence why it is used as an antidepressant). When you stop smoking after high consumption over a period of time you are no longer able to feel as happy or pleasurable as you usually would. This is because for a long period of time the brain has become used to not having to produce as much hormones to create the emotion of happiness and hence production is lower. Don't get me wrong, i smoke daily, but you should become more educated about what you are putting into yourself if you want to continue smoking in high amounts.
Anyone agree with what i am saying?

yea man it makes sense because there is so many people and not everyone has the same symptoms. thats just all the possible affects the could happen just like all those pharmaceutical commercials they tell you everything good then all the other side affects are told to you faster if you havent noticed. I myself like the post but hey im a newbie grower but a very long time SMOKER!:bravo::nicethread::blunt:

I don't agree that Marijuana is "very psychologically addictive"

This graph is from NIDA, not exactly advocates of our community and even they recognize that MJ is less addictive than even caffeine.

For the basis of this study my understanding is that addiction = the sum of physical and psychological

DrugProp.JPG

My theory is pot doesn't make you paranoid, its the prohibition of MJ that actually makes you paranoid.

Must agree the illigallity of the herb in my state contributes greatly to the paranoia I experience. When toking in my home it lessons or when smoking at a friends home (who has the permits for MMJ) in CO, it is also not as apparent. And I wouldn't smoke while driving in any state.. Just the thought of being pulled over by a cop makes me leave the stash at home.

I DGAF .. ive been in jail for a night, defffinitely not fun.. but nothing to panic over.

Marijuana definately increases paranoia. You do not become paranoid because it is illegal you become paranoid about this issue in the first place because marijuana increases paranoia and anxiety. It is very psychologically adictive, it increases pleasure and makes you feel generally happier (hence why it is used as an antidepressant). When you stop smoking after high consumption over a period of time you are no longer able to feel as happy or pleasurable as you usually would. This is because for a long period of time the brain has become used to not having to produce as much hormones to create the emotion of happiness and hence production is lower. Don't get me wrong, i smoke daily, but you should become more educated about what you are putting into yourself if you want to continue smoking in high amounts.
Anyone agree with what i am saying?

This is totally a late reply but yes! I know exactly what you are talking about.
Instead of hormone's though, marijuana causes dopamine release in the nucleus accumbens, a part of the lower hypothalamus. The N.A. is a pleasure center and tells your brain YES DO THIS DRUG! all drugs of abuse cause dopamine release in the nucleus accumbens, some also involve serotonin, which is linked to many feelings and behavior drives, still others involve noreprinephrine, adrenalin.

The point being everyones brain chemistry is different, and things you put in alter those Neurotransmitters and many other things in your body that run without you ever even knowing.
I think we can all agree we should definitely become more educated in what we put into our bodies. This is not limited to marijuana but cigarettes, food, medicine, or anything else
:peace:

My theory is pot doesn't make you paranoid, its the prohibition of MJ that actually makes you paranoid.

Yes, I have to admit this makes a lot of sense to me.
Smoked some shit the other night that just made me cling to the
recliner. Did not want to do anything, let alone go out of the house.
Made me cough something terrible on just 2 hits and hope no one would
knock on the door! But my friend loves it. To each his own! Do they still put that PCP or other shit in pot?
Found some good old fashioned Mex, by accident, brought back memories
of the good old days. I could kick back and just smoke without coughing
and no paranoia. And carry on with life in a pleasurable way.
Happy Holidays!

Many Baby Boomers (the youths of the 60's era) start smoking marijuana again when they retire; when they don't have the fear of losing their jobs. I believe marijuana will eventually become legal but perhaps not in our lifetime GangaKing. Marijuana, just as alcohol does, affects people different ways. What might be addictive to you may not affect me in an addictive way. Like all things in life it is a personal decision.

how it can cure nausea and cause it at the same time?, how it will put u tense and agitated if it is relaxing u?, u only be paranoid because it is iligal fos stupid reasons and u are afraid of getting caught doing it so is not a negative effect, cannabis sativa doesnt cause psychological dependence your brain cause psychological dependence qithout marijuna cause everything that gives u pleasure u want it thats nature not an effect of weed... Im a little against this post... Please discuss it
peace...
what did he say

Every person and smoke session can have different reactions alwaysssssss

Back
Top Bottom