What is my plant suffering from?

growfl

I have a 6 week old plant, (im not sure what kind, maybe you guys can tell), but I have a problem with it...

Recently, I noticed that the bottom leaves have been wilting (not the very bottom ones that are supposed to fall off , but the ones above that). I don't know what it could be from? also, the upper part of the stem has turned purple, I don't know if that is another problem or just the plant.

Will post pics again shortly...

Thanks in advance, any help will be greatly appreciated! ;)

okay, it was sitting in my closet for 6 weeks under a small 75w fluorescent grow light from wal mart, I used potting soil with nutrients in it and never really gave any additional ones, today we set up an actual grow room with 2 4' fluorescents (one warm, one cool) and 3 additional 75w UV grow lights mounted on the wall, tomorrow we are going to line the room in mylar, we used an aluminum air duct to run the a/c vent about 4 feet over the plants and have a small oscillating fan to circulate the air. The set up for the 18 - 6 cycle is in a walk in closet which is about 4 foot wide and 9 feet deep.

Can you recommend any additives or nutrients for the soil? Because im using regular potting soil and tap water, and I don't think that is a good thing. :/

okay, it was sitting in my closet for 6 weeks under a small 75w fluorescent grow light from wal mart, I used potting soil with nutrients in it and never really gave any additional ones, today we set up an actual grow room with 2 4' fluorescents (one warm, one cool) and 3 additional 75w UV grow lights mounted on the wall, tomorrow we are going to line the room in mylar, we used an aluminum air duct to run the a/c vent about 4 feet over the plants and have a small oscillating fan to circulate the air. The set up for the 18 - 6 cycle is in a walk in closet which is about 4 foot wide and 9 feet deep.

Can you recommend any additives or nutrients for the soil? Because im using regular potting soil and tap water, and I don't think that is a good thing. :/

Go to your local Ace Hardware, Home Despot or Lowes and pick up some of this and then read this thread. It is wonderful stuff; good enough for DocBud, good enough for me.

I'm not sure those 75w UV lights are going to be worth a damn or not. Honestly? I'd return them and invest in a couple of socket splitters and an armful of CFL's. Just my two cents' worth.

:goodluck:

What are socket splitters and cfl's? Sorry for the constant questions but I am new at this haha, also thank you for recommending those plant nutrients, I will pick some up today. :)

CFL is compact flurocent them they use in houses these days with coils. you can get ones from hardware but they going to be warm white most prob, you need a blue spectrum for veg and a red spec for flowering, and splitters are socket splitters for plugs so you can have more than one bulb.
And the plant food also needed, but i just had the same prob with my last grow bloody red stems fuked bottom leaves that went to the top, i fed it thinkin it was defficiancy in npk's or the micro elements and it wasnt it was thePH so if you soil shit or you tap water out of ph the plant wont feed even if you give it food it will just end us a undesolvable salts in your soil.
GET good soil or coco good light , everything mate, if you skip on any part the plant will just break your ballz the whole time. £100 will get you everythin for one plant especially if you using cfl's. search 250w red an blue cfl they your cheepest bet mate.
This is wat happend with fuked ph.............
100_23861.JPG

trust keep it right or they look like this, ended up so chronic though got lucky

So what kind of water should I use? I have been using tap water this whole time, and tap water because I heard it's usually the right PH.

You should test your H20 to see what the PH range is and also what the parts per million is, this can be crucial to your success, especially w/city water!

If you are on city water, you also have to get the chlorine which they put in there, let it sit for 24 hrs before using... that is if you are in the city or a municipal water system.

Back
Top Bottom