What is plant stress?

Far East Buds

I m pretty much a noob so I wondered this. There is all this banter about stressing plants. LST vs HST. etc stress stress stress..... So in my first grow my errors seem to stunt and stress the plant. Do we have any scientific data on whether this slows down the plant or does it hurt yield? Both? I feel like it stunted mine but once it settled in it always exploded after corrections. I feel like this just added time to my grow but if the plant rebounds strong would I be safe to say it doesn't ultimately affect yield as long as I correct stunting issue and harvest when it is ready?

Re: What is plant stress.??

Hello Far East

LST will actually increase yields under most lights. The farther the light travels, the less energy it has to give to the plant. The light doesn't have to travel as far to penetrate a wide low plant as it does a tall untrained plant.

Hello Far East

LST will actually increase yields under most lights. The farther the light travels, the less energy it has to give to the plant. The light doesn't have to travel as far to penetrate a wide low plant as it does a tall untrained plant.

Do you think that high stress hurts yield or do you think it just stunts it for a time?

I really don't know what high stress training is so I really can't give you an answer there mate. What I can tell you is I have one plant outside in a 10 gal grow bag that gets blown over by the wind 2 or 3 times a week and it doesn't seem to bother it any LOL

Is "mainlining" considered "high stress"? If it is, then no it won't hurt the plant and yes it increases yields. My 4 indoor girls were all intended to be main lined, they just got away from me while I was doing other things. And they recovered very quickly from cuts and tying them down.

I really don't know what high stress training is so I really can't give you an answer there mate. What I can tell you is I have one plant outside in a 10 gal grow bag that gets blown over by the wind 2 or 3 times a week and it doesn't seem to bother it any LOL

Is "mainlining" considered "high stress"? If it is, then no it won't hurt the plant and yes it increases yields. My 4 indoor girls were all intended to be main lined, they just got away from me while I was doing other things. And they recovered very quickly from cuts and tying them down.

example is LST like tying down leaves etc seem to not affect plant at all. But when I top it or cut growth off . high stress stuff.. plant take a couple days to recover. I was wondering if it is sorta delaying growth? or does Does this HST stuff actually hurt plant to the point of damaging yield or quality.

Hello Far East

If you look in my journal, you will see I cut and tied my plants numerous times with no ill effects

I used scrog and Lollipop-ping on my 1st grow with good results. But i guess what i am looking for is plant stress affect flower/ veg time length. I am curious if you can on purpose stress a plant to slow down production with out any long term yield or quality affects?

So if for example I didn't have space to move it to flower in my booth. chop it or stress it to slow it down for a week or two. I know this can be done but does that hurt it long term.?

if its your intent to purposely slow their growth, look into super cropping. Not used it myself but I understand it slows growth

Thanks for all the responses and getting involved. Super cropping does indeed seem high stress. That definitely is a possibility..

Back
Top Bottom