What is the best pH level for growing in coco? Please help

W1zard

hmm, having some issues resolving what exactly the best ph lvl is for coco.. i know between 5.5 n 6.5 is the basis and ive been shooting for between 5.8 and 6.2 but ive been reading some stuff recently which suggests i need at least a 6 or over? is this correct?

Not sure if plant is suffering from a calcium deficiency or or is a nute lock out from poor ph. many thanks for your help and pls check out my grow in link :)

ps, had done some lst as well tied down recently to tame canopy lvl

DSC_5286_1_.JPG

DSC_5287_1_.JPG

DSC_5288_1_.JPG

Re: What is the best ph lvl for growing in coco. - pls help :)

I'm no expert on coco- but the correct range is 5.8-6.2. Often what people do is feed/water on the low side- between 5.6-5.8. At least in my experience, I find that the ph tends to rise in the pot. So if I water at 5.7- I can test the runoff a few days later and it will be in the low to mid sixes. This is a good thing. If you look at a nutrient uptake chart showing the different nutes and how they are affected by ph, you'll see that you need a certain range to satisfy the plants.
I think you need to add calmag to fix the deficiency shown.
Good luck.

Re: What is the best ph lvl for growing in coco. - pls help :)

IMO - I would call that good- not worry about the runoff much, and focus on making sure that what goes in is balanced correctly. I mostly grow in sunshine mix- and I have a couple little plants in coco right now. As long as I keep the ph going in at about 5.7-6ish everything is fine. There have been a couple times that my meter was reading high by 0.2 - 0.4. , which meant I was actually watering in the 5.3- 5.5 sorta range. Then I got a bunch of problems- wilty leaves and slow growth, leading me to believe that 5.6 was as low as I'd ever want to go.
But to answer your question. No- don't worry a it the runoff much. Yours sounds good. It's useful to check it sometimes - to see if anything completely crazy is happening - but it can be confusing- generally best to just focus on the ph going in.

Back
Top Bottom