What more can I do for these plants? Desperate

Hey KD - nothing you do now will make a huge difference, just grow it out as best you can with plenty of water & PK/CaMg/Kelp etc
Put it down to experience and start planning your next grow in pots/coco or whatever you can get hold of
You might find a compost/coco mix better for retaining moisture - just about anything is better than clay

Once the soil has been worked over this fall and organic material added to it it will be much better for growing next spring. Still have to add organic material again next year, using it as a mulch to reduce weeds and to help keep the soil from drying out.

When I moved here I thought my gardens would be in trouble because of the heavy clay soil. It turns out that in the last 10 years I am having better gardens than ever because it is a clay base soil. It just takes putting back the organic material that is not found in most clay soils.

Agreed, it is hard to work with in the early spring after the snow melt and those rain storms. That is when the clay sticks to the shovel and the soles of my shoes. And it is a real pain to work with in the summer when the clay has dried out and it is like digging into a concrete slab. But with the organic material worked into the soil once or twice a year and layers of organic material used as mulch it is a whole new world.

Only real downside is that even with recreational use being legal here we cannot have plants that are visible to the public and I cannot figure out how to hide 10 to 15 foot Marijuana plants.

@KatieDukes, do a google search using this string of key words to start:
mulching organic gardening
There will be a lot of links on how to turn that garden area you have now into something super. Might take a couple of years but each year it will be better than the year before.

Hey KD - nothing you do now will make a huge difference, just grow it out as best you can with plenty of water & PK/CaMg/Kelp etc
Put it down to experience and start planning your next grow in pots/coco or whatever you can get hold of
You might find a compost/coco mix better for retaining moisture

You might find a compost/coco mix better for retaining moisture - just about anything is better than clay

Screenshot_20211004-193512.png

I also have this... Would either of these do me any good for the 2 that are left and still budding..?

16335517843133752003717482287238.jpg

16335518170328317892596020231299.jpg

So compost tho is ok? Like the stuff with bat guano and stuff in it..? That's all I have besides some potting soil and mix

wrong stuff - thats a grow formula meaning veg cycle but your chicks are in flower….

you could top dress with some of the happy frog just keep it light & airy don’t compact your soil.

This is why we advocate you mix it in ahead of time with added aeration - perlite, pumice, biochar and time for microbes to set up shop, but you can beef up your grow beds for next year after harvest time and let soil cook over winter

but you can beef up your grow beds for next year after harvest time and let soil cook over winter
This is the best way to start a great garden area. And it will be a very natural environment for the root system so the plants should be all that much bigger and better the next season.

I really recommend the basic google search I mentioned in msg #42. Doing the search on the keywords:
mulching organic gardening
and reading some of those links and looking up stuff here over the next week and through the winter should go a long way. Some of the successful outdoor growers on this msg board who grow their plants in the outdoor soil are constantly working with organic materials and their soil.

Updated pics on these ladies!! They are doing quite well! You guys are ANGELS! Saved my Plants and I learned so so so much about this amazing fun stressful process!!

Thankyou aillion to every one of you!
Everyone stay safe wear your masks and have a beautiful Sunday!!!

Yes you can give that but it’s still veg nutes applied to a flowing plant…. The formulas are wrong should be lower N but higher PK….

at any rate…. your chicks look better than before!!!
Hi @013 - the numbers aren't crazy off though, and probably better than nothing

Both, just read the labels and don't overdo it
If you're worried, give them half strength
Okay cuz it says do four tablespoons every gallon a more stronger portion or two tablespoons every gallon for not as intense. But it is only for two plants and are they talking like this individually per plant cuz the whole gallon per plant seems like a lot no..?

Sorry I may just be sounding stupid right now the heat has got to me been working in it all day lol! sorry I just want to make sure before doing such things to these last two survivors :)

But okay I'll just do half of what it says on each bottle for each plant with both carefully! Lol I love learning all these things that I didn't even know mattered years ago LOL its amazing this process

Growings thank you!!! - as usual you are spot on! What was I thinking??? seriously some is better than none!!! Ah man please don’t hestite to call bull shit when I’m wrong

I’m terribly sorry Katie Dukes…. totally my bad, whew I dropped the ball big time.

Those are mature healthy plants, they may be shorter pheno but they are in full flower so they should be able to take full dose…. but Growings is correct there is a standard premise of…….you can always easily add more next time….. but it’s not easy to undo a nute overload.

anyway apologies once again - sometimes I can really screw the pooch :cheesygrinsmiley:

Okay cuz it says do four tablespoons every gallon a more stronger portion or two tablespoons every gallon for not as intense. But it is only for two plants and are they talking like this individually per plant cuz the whole gallon per plant seems like a lot no..?

Sorry I may just be sounding stupid right now the heat has got to me been working in it all day lol! sorry I just want to make sure before doing such things to these last two survivors :)

But okay I'll just do half of what it says on each bottle for each plant with both carefully! Lol I love learning all these things that I didn't even know mattered years ago LOL its amazing this process
Yes, a gallon sounds a lot, but the plant will only have access to/be able to absorb a small % of that
The roots are spread out and most of it will quickly drain away, esp if it rains
They are well under way and looking much better KD, so don't blow it now

Back
Top Bottom