What to do about nanners?

go4snypr

Ok, been flowering my WW x BB for 4 weeks now. I just noticed 3 little yellow growths on the tops of a couple of the buds. I have gone and picked them off but I am wondering is I should even continue flowering this plant. Is it just gonna keep kicking them out or is there a chance that it may not?? I know most people are gonna ask about light leaks so I will be checking it when the lights go off tonight, though the last 2 plants had no problems in that room. any opinions would be great.

Re: What to do about nanners??

I can only speak from my experience. I'm in the process of switching strains now but the strain I've been growing for the last couple years would give me this problem in the latter part of flowering. I don't know why . I'm 99.9% sure there are no light leaks. I've sat in the room in the dark on quite a few occasions to be sure and seen no glimmers anywhere. I thought it's just a bit of instability in the plant. I thought the plants might stabilize if I cloned up a few generations instead of using the original mother (ie clones of clones of clones). At least I've read that this can make them more stable.
In C526's last journal he developed a bunch of these female flowers/nanners towards the end and found a few seeds in the harvest. In his case it was looking like the cause was cold temps at night. So it does seem like stress can cause them, as everyone says... Though I've read of people deliberately trying to make a plant go hermie through stress (random light changes) and having no luck.
This is maybe getting maybe a bit rambling, lol, smoked a bit too much to type properly.

Anyway...my point is..... that my experience was that I could generally pick the nanners out easily enough. I would use very fine tipped tweezers to poke/lever them out of the buds. At worst there would be a few on each of the biggest buds. If I went through once a week to check I would get them all or almost all. Sometimes a plant would grow 2 or 3 and I'd pick them out and never see any more on that plant. There weren't ever very many. I did get some seeds if I wasn't careful but usually hardly any. These female flowers don't seem to put out the large amounts of pollen that the males do. I don't like picking through the buds like that and getting all sticky. But it wasn't difficult to control the problem. Just took some of the fun out of things.

thanks for the thoughts.. I am guessing it is stress from a couple of cold nights that caused it. We had a few nights below 30 c here and my flower room is in the basement so the temps would drop. I have no light leaks so the temp would make sense. I will keep an eye out for more though.

Totatty agree.. Pick them off and ride it out
i heard the cherry pie floating around in san diego be popping nanners in the 2nd or 3rd week.. People say just pick them and it be fine..

Got the same problem my friend. Will upload some photos to help us both out

DSC024846.JPG
DSC024836.JPG
DSC024827.JPG
DSC024815.JPG
DSC024807.JPG

Mine are in week 6 of 8 it's shoreline from Devils harvest seeds. They are all over the buds in every top and too many to pick off. I have never had this problem so I'm unsure as to whether I should chop it down now so it does not pollinate te other plants next to it. Or should I try and ride it out and hope they don't burst. When I open the sacs they still only have tiny tiny white seedlings

Yeah I'm pretty confused now as I picked s few off and they are empty except the small tiny white seed dot.

This is what I have, or had,, cut it out:

20150206_201114.jpg

the top of that part of the bud looks normal to me, the yellow parts at the bottom are hard to tell whats going on in that pic, but in the first pic you posted, the calyx looks swollen to me, if you crush it and there is a little white seed in it, it may have got pollinated and is producing seeds there??

the top of that part of the bud looks normal to me, the yellow parts at the bottom are hard to tell whats going on in that pic, but in the first pic you posted, the calyx looks swollen to me, if you crush it and there is a little white seed in it, it may have got pollinated and is producing seeds there??

There's a cluster of yellow flowers on that cut off bud. Yes I agree the buds look pollinated- it takes a month or so till the seeds are mature and so the little white seed is just a developing one. Yes the nanners will pollinate other buds.

I'm just going to run with it and hope for the best, it's not gone long left in flower and it will take a while for them to pollinate other buds

If you're harvesting the whole room at once and don't have a perpetual grow going on with new plants coming in and getting pollinated I would just let it run. By the looks of it I would expect to find a bunch of seeds. Good luck!

Yeah I don't doubt its gonna be quite a task. I have a separate veg box but I will be harvesting the whole room in one go so I will just wait it out...maybe try Dutch masters reverse. Thanks dude

Oh my, are you man handling all your buds? I'm not doing that yet,,,, sheeet. I kinda don't want to look. Feckers.

Thanks for posting that

Back
Top Bottom