Nanners What Do I Do

N420

I'm growing 4 plants in my 4x4 that are supposed to be 9- 10 week strains im at the very beginning of week 6 and I noticed a few nanners on the 2 main tops of one of my plants and one on a lower bud none of the other plants in the tent have them at all . what do I do remove the plant harvest it and cut my losses or do I remove the effected buds or try to pull the nanners off kinda sucks cause I have at least 3 more weeks to go
20190207_214757.jpg
20190207_214748.jpg
20190207_214708.jpg

I'm growing 4 plants in my 4x4 that are supposed to be 9- 10 week strains im at the very beginning of week 6 and I noticed a few nanners on the 2 main tops of one of my plants and one on a lower bud none of the other plants in the tent have them at all . what do I do remove the plant harvest it and cut my losses or do I remove the effected buds or try to pull the nanners off kinda sucks cause I have at least 3 more weeks to go
20190207_214757.jpg
20190207_214748.jpg
20190207_214708.jpg
That stinks.., all that hard work if she's seeded you can still make concentrates and edibles

That stinks.., all that hard work if she's seeded you can still make concentrates and edibles
The one female I pulled out.. too many male sacs and some had already ruptured.. the second female has started to seed.. but I will def hang on to her and use her for tincture/edibles and give the crappy weed to my boys lol

Seeded flowers don't automatically become "crappy" ;), doesn't change the taste and depending on when it got pollinated as to how much it affects your yield and potency. I'm starting to think it one of them "old weed tales" with very little to none at all science behind it, as stuff I seeded on purpose and smoked wasn't that much difference in taste/effect than the Clones of same Mother that weren't pollinated. Yield for sure gets affected and taste can get affected if you miss one and your bowl/doobie explodes (as the seeds definitely don't taste good smoked ;) :rofl: ). And yes if you growing commercially it is close enough to the end of the world as it causes the market value of it to crash and burn, but if you growing your own and just give it away it doesn't change much other than having to pick out the seeds before you smoke it. But I haven't spent the money on testing potency either for comparisons (costs too much if you not growing commercially and/or it required by law if growing that way somewhere legal/restricted), just based on my experience and the very few people that have smoked both pollinated and virgin ladies off of the same Mother.

I have a common use stash that I keep in my living room for guests. If I have a seeded run, that would go in there as well as some of the leaf and smaller buds from various grows. This large wooden bowl filled with multiple strains and multiple qualities serves fine as conversation pot and provides a clear contrast for those lucky guests who get to see me pull out some of the connoisseur pot for them to try. If my brother shows up looking for a zip, this is what he gets too. There is always a use for pot that you have grown out, seeds or not and top shelf quality, or not.

Live and learn. That's a crappy time for that to happen. I know the feeling of spotting that nanner, not a good one at all. You could try to keep up with spotting and pulling them, but,, you'l miss one. You'll dust something you don't want to. I think you did the right thing. Now, you've got two plants to maximize. Use the other two for medibles/ oil.

Make sure you chuck the clones associated with those plants. Few years ago I tried to run GSC and went through a time sucking process of realizing my cut was hermie prone. Stubborn me, kept pushing cuts from that plant into the room and,, they all hermied too. Always mid flower.... should have known with that strain....

From that point I only grow good and stable genetics.

I think based on what everyone one has said I will harvest the plant tonight and cut my losses it will give room to the other 3 left in the tent. I thought the genetics might have been a little questionable and I made a couple of errors over feeding and a possible light leak on well it's a learning experience . I'm going to order some Barneys farm seeds from seedman I figure good genetics and what I have learned things will turn out better on the next run

Pick that nanner off there. Smoking weed that pollinated is all we ever used to get for the most part. I have smoked some great weed that I had to take tons of seeds out of first. Wish I had saved some. My mom sold pot when I was a kid. Some of that stuff was over loaded with seeds. We would clean it some before bagging it. We had gallon ziplock bags chocked full. I used to feed them to the birds, and squirrels.

I know the "aww $hit!" feeling associated with finding nanners popping out of your buds-the first thing to do is get them away from the "normal" plants.
I'm a backyard grower,so I can just move them to a downwind section of the yard,far away from the others, and let them finish,but In your case that's not possible,so harvesting them now is probably the best thing for you to do.
If possible,hang them up to dry somewhere far away from your tent (after picking off all the nanners you can find)-any you miss will continue to mature even after harvest,and will dump their pollen before they die,so look very closely,and try and get them all.
You'd be amazed how far that pollen can travel in the air currents inside your house.

Pick that nanner off there. Smoking weed that pollinated is all we ever used to get for the most part. I have smoked some great weed that I had to take tons of seeds out of first. Wish I had saved some. My mom sold pot when I was a kid. Some of that stuff was over loaded with seeds. We would clean it some before bagging it. We had gallon ziplock bags chocked full. I used to feed them to the birds, and squirrels.

That's some funny shit. True.

I've had some large bagseed collections.... in fact, I started growing a few moons ago by crop dusting a compost pile in my yard with some bag seed. Few days later I happened upon that pile and lots of new seedlings,,, the rest is history.

Back
Top Bottom