What watt/color temp CFL for one plant going into bloom?

Bacondoggy

What kelvin should i get (im assuming one thats reddish - i wonder if one red cfl bulb would be good for bloom?) What to get 28w? They seem to like the cfl over the led bulbs (cfl is only 13w)

*****MODS***** Cant get my pics uploaded using the app for some reason

What wattage?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using 420 Magazine Mobile App

100W equivalent (23-26 actual watts) seems to be ideal. From there, the efficiency goes down because they need to be further from the plant because of heat. They're also more of a specialty item, so they tend to be considerably more per watt.

Yeah. I have 2 full spectrum led lights i just wanted some to suppliment. Wal mart is so stupid, they had a 4 pack FILLED on the end cap for four (9w) led lights with 60w equivalent for 799! Get this - i walk to the light section there were another IDENTICAL in every way down to packaging, but were only 8.5w and not 9w, but it even said 60 lw equivalent (which is brighter then a normal 60w i checked), but they were only $2.40!!! LOL i shoulda gotten a bunch of boxes just to replace all the lights in the house bc they were .55 cents each! They are 2300k so i just wanted something to supplement my cfl and led grow lights. Its hard to tell how "bright" (lumens) the leds are because there is uv and infared rays being emitted that is not visible and therefore count as lumens. This is why led lighting is going to PAR as a different measurement. But the lights are 2300k which is ok i rather have 2000k or lower... what do you think about those coated red cfl's like a "mood" light. That would be pure red, im thinking the plants woukd love that.. but i dont know what color spectrum it would be...

*****MODS***** Cant get my pics uploaded using the app for some reason

We had a site-wide problem with photo uploads yesterday.

It's now fixed. :cheer:

What i was thinking.....

420-magazine-mobile1776305443.jpg

Will 2300k work?

Bacon, I just wanted to give you a run down of my set up. It works beautifully and is dependent upon cfl and fluoros. For my veg, I use 4 cfl bulbs per plant placed from 1-2 inches away from the seedings. They are in a pattern that allows the bulbs to surround the plant. They are all 23 watt and say "100watt equivalent) on the package. During Veg, I use 6500K or "daylight". They can be purchased at "the mart" or big box home improvement stores. a little further away from the pots, I have 4-4foot, 2 bulb t-8 fluorescent fixtures. These hang horizontally. These fixtures have a total of 8 bulbs between them. 4 of these bulbs are 6500K and 4 are 2700K. These bulbs are 32watts each and using the 2700K gives a wider spectrum of light, which the plants need. About 2 weeks after I see preflower-I move them to LED for flowering. (I grow autos)
You can keep them under cfl and be very successful. You simply need to change the light spectrum balance. Change most of your bulbs to 2700 (or 2300) and leave a few 6500K.
DO NOT believe people when they say you will not be able to grow decent buds under CFL. CFL are the gentlest and easiest way to grow. It does seem to be true that the buds are a bit less dense and you will produce less total weight. BUT having done both methods, I believe it is easier to finish a HEALTHY grow under cfl.

good luck

I also have 2 led lights that are 28 one watt leds, but the output from wall is not 30 watts . I have 2 of them with a 13w cfl and 8.5w thats 2300

nice setup with the cfls! Hey bacon, I had to double take when I read where your from. Small world. Born and raised in York, graduated from west York in 05. I have to get my post count up a lil more, but ill send ya a pm when I can.. good luck on flowering her!:goodjob:
Wow small world! I hope she slowers!!! (If its a girl)

Back
Top Bottom