What's a Proper Nutrient Ratio for Flowering?

GrowInTheDark

My girls are 46 days old and I am going to be switching to 12/12 in about 4 days, and I was wondering what nutrient value/ratio I should use, I have been using 4-7-4 so far.

You are not asking the right questions nor giving us enough info to answer correctly.

Even if you asked it the right way I would point you to threads explaining why that is not a reasonable question.

I am assuming you are in soil but if not the answer is totally different. I am going to assume you didn't make yourself a good soil but if so the answer is totally different. I am going to assume you have Ideal temps and humidity and very good lighting...and if not the answer is well probably the same just way less concentration.

For a beginner in DWC you can't go wrong following the Advanced Nutrient program and dumping the res weekly...So long as you have a good pH pen and EC pen and know how to read them and know what the results mean.

:peace:

Ya should be alright with nutrients suggested for bloom & most brands offer some thing different than others & if they don't come with micro nutrients in the bloom nutrients ya might want to get some !

I don't always find bloom nutrients have enough phosphorus or potassium in them & some times P/K def may show in early to mid flowering & i normal back this up with P/K boost solution.

Ya should be alright with nutrients suggested for bloom & most brands offer some thing different than others & if they don't come with micro nutrients in the bloom nutrients ya might want to get some !

I don't always find bloom nutrients have enough phosphorus or potassium in them & some times P/K def may show in early to mid flowering & i normal back this up with P/K boost solution.

I thought the bloom seemed to have to much Phosphorous (10-50-10).?

Im finding the same thing... I am dealing with that problem right now! 2 weeks away from harvest and I'm starting to believe thats been my issue this grow. My yields are down from the norm but too late now! Will read up on that and see what I can do in the future... Using FF and have had some great yields till this round? May have had some bad mixtures along the way? Been a little carless this grow i think?

Those numbers are relative not absolute in meaning.

the ratio is what matters because the concentration is how you mix it. Look up those numbers on a hydro fert. they are substantially lower in absolute value because the absorption is so much easier.

Anyways like I said. Until you explain what you are growing in and a bunch more stuff no one will be able to give you a valid answer. You may get answers...but they will not be meaningful. You have not given us the means by which to help you out.

Lets see if I can come up with an analogy.

I am making some BBQ. I am making my own BBQ sauce. I heard that BBQ sauce is mostly ketchup. How much ketchup should I use?

Ans:
Well is it slow smoked? Is it what people out west call BBQ but is actually not BBQ at all it is grilling? Is it Pit? Is it Texas style, Kansas City style?

I can't tell you what is the right type of sauce to use is because I don't know if you are smoking it or grilling it...heck I don't even know the cut of meat nor is it beef or chicken or pork...

But yeah put some ketchup on it.

Back
Top Bottom