Whats in the Freezer?

Rattlehead907

So I am in my garage this evening modifying some HPS lights I bought off craigslist, when our old freezer in the corner caught my eye. What an excellent choice for a covert grow box!!!!
Has anybody tried this?? Modify a dead fridge/freezer??? Or possible a working fridge in hot climates?
Any thoughts? Before I take a holesaw to it!!
:grinjoint:

Oh yeah!!!! SCROG's are the shiz! I ran with a SCROG on my last full term garden a few years back and it helped with overall production. I'm going to scrog this time around.

A few things I learned; put the screen in after a week or two of the stretch in bloom and make the squares smaller than 2"x2" to help keep the canopy even!

Yeah that would be perfect, in fact thats what I'll use, WAY easier than weaving it like last time, lol. One quick heads up make sure you have your gals where you want them cause they wont come out once they hit the screen. Can't wait to see it!!

I don't see why a little re-directing would hurt, just keep in mind your branches are pretty brittle the more you get into the bloom stage.

Whoa...whoa...whoa...putting the screen in after 12/12 and stretch makes a hard as scrog. The branches are woody and don't bend as well which makes training next to impossible. Trust me with this one. I've scrogged for years and can show you pics of some good ones. You want the screen in from the beginning. Train the plants into the screen till it's 40% full then flip your lights to 12/12. the stretch will finish filling the screen to about the perfect amount. And 2" x 2" or smaller will work great but too small can make adjustments and training a pain. Make sure to leave a space to get under the screen. like about 7" to 10" above the tops of the containers.

Racefan, I was all set to reply about starting the grow with the screen in place but I saw you had noticed the thread lol.

I will state that I liked a 14" container-to-screen distance for a large Scrog to give me a better chance of being able to snake my arms in when it was a literal jungle. But small screens or a setup that allows one to access from all four sides might not need so much room I guess.

Oh and I don't think I ever broke a branch when making adjustments - and I goofed a couple of times and ended up having to rearrange a few when I realized I was pointing multiple ones at a corner with only a couple of free holes and so I had to move one, and then another, and then... LMAO. Nothing like the thought of having half your branches tangled up so I freed a couple more... <SHUDDERS> I guess there are worse ways to spend an evening lol. But it was fun after I figured out that they were more flexable than I had originally thought. I don't know if it was the constant fiddling with I mean training or the nutrient schedule that I was using (I suspect both).

l8tnightskunk, 1" chicken wire... Hmm, can you trade it for 2"? I agree with Racefan on that one (although the small stuff will work if need be).

When I used 2" CW, at harvest time we'd disconnect the screen and two people would hold the ends, then one of us would use something to cut the main trunk (was too thick to call a stem lol). The screen would get carried in to the harvest table and the entire plant (except the stub of the trunk and its giant root system) would stay with the screen. 1" might be... interesting lol.

Racefan said:
Whoa...whoa...whoa...putting the screen in after 12/12 and stretch makes a hard as scrog.

AND defeats the whole purpose of Scrog lol.

Back
Top Bottom