What's this plant's pronouns?

SirRealist

420 Member
I'm in first time grow and have several "experiments" running in parallel strictly looking to learn this time around. Trying all sorts of things. I started with bag seeds from a "legal" purchase of CBD flowers. This plant is called Merlot by seller. It is in week one of flower (turned tent to 12/12 lighting and flipped on the bloom light on my LED Lights back on Oct 18. A week later, I'm seeing this at a node and need help to determine if I have "he", a "she", or a "they" :confused:.

IMG_3978 Male or Female.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_3978 Male or Female.jpg
    IMG_3978 Male or Female.jpg
    183.8 KB · Views: 28
Thanks 13goody13. Anything left to learn here without jeopardizing the flower tent? Again, this grow is about learning. Any advantage to letting "him" continue to grow outside the tent to see what a male turns into? or as your tag line says, should I just go ahead and "smash'm"? Any idea how much time before this puppy starts "pumping pollen"?

Thanks 13goody13. Anything left to learn here without jeopardizing the flower tent? Again, this grow is about learning. Any advantage to letting "him" continue to grow outside the tent to see what a male turns into? or as your tag line says, should I just go ahead and "smash'm"? Any idea how much time before this puppy starts "pumping pollen"?
No problem.
It’s likely very close to releasing pollen already. If you’re not doing any kind of breeding project, keeping it around is about like keeping a swarm of bees as a pet.
Even keeping it outside will pose a small risk and could also pollinate any nearby plants (depends where you are in the world)
I either bag them and take them out with the trash, or burn them.

Unless you intend to breed it with something get rid of it. Some people will isolate it and let it mature to harvest pollen for future breeding but you have to be careful as pollen can travel easily on your clothes, skin and light air movement.

Back
Top Bottom