Whats wrong help

scotslad

I have just started growing a few plants but i cant seem to gt them to grow i dont know if i am planting them to late after germanation or if they r getting to much heat.I am growing them in a 60cm 60cm 140cm tent with a 250w hps light i have just a soil mix with perlite it seems to be that when i plant them after germanation i dont get anything breaking ground i have 1 going just now afghan#1 it seems to be doing fine it is 13 days just now but the rest of them dont seem to breaking ground is there a reason for this or i am doing something wrong..should i plant my seeds as soon as they crack and a small bit of root is out or wait till a longer bit is out this is setting me of my head can someone give me a bit of advice....cheers mick...

I have got them about 3-4 ft away from my light and i have a hood over them for high humidity:hmmmm:

Re: whats wrong help....

I have just started growing a few plants but i cant seem to gt them to grow i dont know if i am planting them to late after germanation or if they r getting to much heat.I am growing them in a 60cm 60cm 140cm tent with a 250w hps light i have just a soil mix with perlite it seems to be that when i plant them after germanation i dont get anything breaking ground i have 1 going just now afghan#1 it seems to be doing fine it is 13 days just now but the rest of them dont seem to breaking ground is there a reason for this or i am doing something wrong..should i plant my seeds as soon as they crack and a small bit of root is out or wait till a longer bit is out this is setting me of my head can someone give me a bit of advice....cheers mick...

I have got them about 3-4 ft away from my light and i have a hood over them for high humidity:hmmmm:

Good day.
I like to make sure my seeds are germinated/split with at least a 1/4 inch of root coming through. I then will put them in root cubes and root cubes alone in the dome. When the roots are popping through the bottom of cube I then transplant them into a smaller container (plastic cup with holes poked in bottom will work) provide good drainage for them and pop them into a bigger humidity dome. I keep the room at 76 Fahrenheit and they pop up just fine and quite fast I may add. I use cool white fluorescent from seedling through Veg stage. I keep my lights almost touching my plants, It works very well does not push them to much and is easier to control heat and humidity in room.
Planting them as soon as they crack won't hurt but just wait another day and hopefully your roots will grow out more. This will also give you an idea of what seeds are going to be stronger and which ones are going to take longer. No Nutes while in seedling stage (I've heard different) but this works for me.

Hold off on the HPS till it's time to flower.

Best of luck:cheer:

remember to always wash your hands before handling the seedlings, as bacteria, or whatever is on your hands can kill them... especially if you are a cigarette smoker. nicotine on your fingers has been known to kill seeds.

Back
Top Bottom