What's your opinion on my set up options?

Newnugz

So basically I have a good space and good load of various equipment. I need some opinions on how to make best use of my space and light.

So I found an ad on kijiji for 2 1000hps ballasts, 4 bulbs, 4 parabolic reflectors, a huge squirrel fan, a bunch of moguls etc and I talked him down to a really good price under a couple hundred. I own what I call my wall of CFL with 2 t5 fixtures and a 125 CFL mounted on a board I use a roof I can lower. I have this in a 3X2 cab I painted with elastomeric reflective.

I also own a 3x3x7 pro grow tent. I cut one parabolic down evenly around to fit the tent and with the squirrel mounted on top I have been able to maintain Temps below 29 in tent using a 1000w hps. Although my young plants (2-3 weeks) were exposed to the hps (I'm new and eager) they produced extremely small yellowing new growth and had claw. Man the new growth was all small and skinny it looked pitiful although the plants themselves seem to be trucking along and are 3 times the size of my buddies who split the pack of seeds with me (he using 400 mh). I have two strains 1 Sativa and 1 indica and both reacted this way to light. I put both back under my wall of cfl and they greener again but the new leaves never thickened yet.

Now the other thing is all of this stuff is in an insulated room in the back of my garage and I could theoretically light up the whole room or cut huge chunk of it with panda poly. I bought the tent so I'd like to use it somehow but it seems the 1000hps is way to intense for that small of a space. Or maybe the tent is poisoning the plants but this seems less likely. I know hps isn't ideal for veg but I dont have a conversion bulb yet and I have seen posts and grow journals where people do the whole thing with hps. Is it just the wrong spectrum causing this reaction or is it likely nothing to do with the light? I had them like 3 feet away and the light meter read 125k lux so I was scared to go closer.

So now to total it up I have a
3x3x7 tent
2 1000w ballasts
4 parabolic reflectors including 1 k cut to fit tent
Room that can be used entirely
High cfm large squirrel fan.
2x3 veg cab
200 watt "wall of cfl"

There are multiple configurations for this stuff but what do u guys suggest is best? Should I say fuck it and do a 8x5 with two parabolics just in the room and get more plants?

I have 1 morpheus 2 crown Royale growing and germinating right now I have ak49, white widow and blue cheese 1 each. I'm not a drug dealer. But I do want to have alot of weed enough to smoke 1/8 a day and have some to play (baking oil etc).

I know a picture says a thousand words I'm just inside with my kid so later today I will post a bunch showing everything. Peace and thanks in advance for your guys help.

Its possible that the1ooo w HPS is to much for that small of an area, or you might raise up the light so its higher than 3 ft. then see how the youngsters react, keep in mind that the babies need to have at least 3 to 4 sets of true leaves before relocating them to HPS lighting.
It is a matter of trial and error however you did the right thing by putting them back under the CFL lights, keep in mind that the Sativa strain grows with thinner and usually lighter green leaves and Indica grows with darker green foliage and the internode structure is much closer together. Good luck and wait until you hear from some of the other folks about this situation who are more experienced than me before you do anything stay green.:thumb:

Yeah that CFL seems safe but I wouldn't exactly call it explosive lol damn I wish the plant could just tell me what's up haha

No its not but can be in the veg state but you have to provide plenty of it and keep the babies close to the lights, around3 to five inches from the babies and they will grow well, but wont be enough for flower, I found out the hard way a few years back, for flower you will need
to switch them over to either HPS HID or LED lighting for flower. My previous experiences with CFLs for flower were a bad choice as the flowers never really grew to full potential. You will be alright if you continue and learn as you grow.

No its not but can be in the veg state but you have to provide plenty of it and keep the babies close to the lights, around3 to five inches from the babies and they will grow well, but wont be enough for flower, I found out the hard way a few years back, for flower you will need
to switch them over to either HPS HID or LED lighting for flower. My previous experiences with CFLs for flower were a bad choice as the flowers never really grew to full potential. You will be alright if you continue and learn as you grow.[/QUOTEI

I did a hole grow with CFL i used 8 45W in a 4gallon bucket i got a little over 3 ounces that was years a go its a wast of time use LED or HPS if you can but some people don't have the room so do what you can have a look at the pic thats a full CFL is can happen
IMG_47704.JPG
IMG_47715.JPG

So now to total it up I have a
3x3x7 tent
2 1000w ballasts
4 parabolic reflectors including 1 k cut to fit tent
Room that can be used entirely
High cfm large squirrel fan.
2x3 veg cab
200 watt "wall of cfl"

There are multiple configurations for this stuff but what do u guys suggest is best? Should I say fuck it and do a 8x5 with two parabolics just in the room and get more plants?

I have 1 morpheus 2 crown Royale growing and germinating right now I have ak49, white widow and blue cheese 1 each. I'm not a drug dealer. But I do want to have alot of weed enough to smoke 1/8 a day and have some to play (baking oil etc).

I know a picture says a thousand words I'm just inside with my kid so later today I will post a bunch showing everything. Peace and thanks in advance for your guys help.
How many cfm and what is the curve against static pressure? Explain everything about your ventilation system and what do you expect the intake air temps to be. I promise you, I can accurately tell you weather or not you will be ok to grow. Oh, by the way. Unless I determine your fan is capable of around 1500 cfm (depends on so many factors not just the cfm rating of the fan) than your 3x3x7 won't be good for 2-1000 watt lamps unless you have cold temps 24/7 for the duration of this run.
You did the right thing by coming here. Ventilation is almost always underestimated. So what are your complete ventilation specs?Everything from the beginning of the airflow entering the house into the room and outflow as well...?

Hey oh no definitely not running 2 in the tent I'm essentially trying to figure out whether the 3x3 1000w is gonna be a constant,uphill and whether it might be easier better to just run two of them open in the room maybe hang panda tarp or something to quarantine a reflective chunk of the room. I know I can keep the room cool it was keeping the tent cool that was the huge fight. I'm in Canadian winter and just cracking a window a fists width gave me a cold air stream big enough to keep the tent 27 and the room 20. When I had the light hanging outside the tent with the the window closed and room sealed it was 26-27. With two running and the window cracked plus a space heater on thermostat I should be able to maintain temps fairly easy in the room. I can also vent direct out into the winter. In the summer I have a window ac I was thinking I could use. I'm wondering if I should cut my losses on tent purchase as its meant for 600w I could prolly sell it. does anyone have experience just sort of cutting off a chunk of the room with panda tarp or Mylar does it work well? I think on Amazon I can get enough panda tarp for like 35 bucks. 8x5 with two parabolics evenly spaced? Or what are better dimensions for two 1000 watt parabolics? If I hang panda poly I can essentially cut a chunk of the room any size.

The room window opens into the garage so I can have it wide open if I wanted and no one can see inside lol that's not a worry. It's actually quite a convenient room,built into the back of an insulated garage (the room is insulated as well). I wonder if the previous owner had his own thing going. The room didn't have really any clear Purpose such as workbenches or whatever haha. The garage is also detached and at the rear of my property. It's pretty amazing. The garage is fully powered but not heated (double garage) and is insulated. So basically is the tent a bottleneck on a potentially far superior set up? Should I give up on the tent? Or are tents amazing and I should grow in instead of the poly proposal.

Back
Top Bottom