2 tent set up

dontinhale

420 Member
I have been trying different set ups for about 5 years or so. I only need to grow enough for myself and the girlfriend. I have my own house. I have two 4x2 tents. lights include a 400 Watt HPS reflector and bulb, Mars hydro 144 reflector LED, and about a dozen or so CFL's 42 watt and 23 watt. I had been trying to use the HPS with 6 to 8 plants under it for flowering. And at the same time using the other tent with the mars hydro LED for vegging. I have an inline fan and also several 6 inch fans I use to move the air around. I have never gotten any yield to speak of. Never had a dense bud with any amber trichromes. Please give me suggestions on how I can use what I have and grow enough for two average consumers of the stuff. the mars hydro does an excellent job of vegging.

Try two plants in bloom at a time. With the 400 watt HPS in a 4'x2' you should be able to get decent yield off two plants. The tents sound well setup, if two plants don't do it for you and your environment is dialed in I would evaluate your nutrients.

a 400w hps will give you a usable footprint (where you grow dense buds) of about 3.5' x 3.5' The problem is this is just short of the length of your tent and more than the width. Less plants is going to be more in your tent situation, and I would go with at most 3 plants.

Then you need to be able to get the hood down far enough to create that 3.5 x 3.5 footprint (or at least 3.5 x 2), without burning your plants. 6" fans are not very strong... you need to move a lot more air inside the tent than that. If that is not an AC hood that can move air in and right back out of the tent, you are no doubt building up heat. For this not to be a problem you need a fan capable of pushing at least one tent full of air, out of the tent from the top where the heat is building, every 3 minutes, probably through a carbon filter. This will be your minimal airflow just to keep your plants breathing well so that they can grow nice big tight buds. Usually to move that much air, you also need another fan to provide enough input air from the outside room.

Good soil, good light, good air... consistently, all through the grow, are necessary to get to where you want to be.

Back
Top Bottom