When do you start?

Photos might as well be auto during the early of the season. Some can take advantage of the early springs. I’m gonna try. Pretty much 12/12 from seed

I have literally 1000s of Mexican seeds idk where they got them. Cartel grows in east Lancaster all over. I know a few. I got gifted an unbelievable amount of seeds with no names. Just described as ones that grow big, or busy or very frosty. That’s all I was told. Assuming majority to be sativas. I plan on sprouting maybe 30 of em to see if they flower from the jump. If they don’t. Ill have a fun pheno pickin this summer which is in my plans as well. I’ll post my updates with that when time comes.
Putting them out early when the days are short enough to force flower, making sorting the boys from girls easy seems like a good strategy. They should go back to veg as the days get longer.

Putting them out early when the days are short enough to force flower, making sorting the boys from girls easy seems like a good strategy. They should go back to veg as the days get longer.
I don’t re veg em. That ruins em from experience. It’s never the same outdoors.

They finish up quite well by end of may. In so cal we have to plant outside after June. Or you have to harden em off really well. So it really gives me a solid February-end of may crop. Last year I putting out to late and to early. To early they flowered. To late they reveged at 7weekd flower. I placed em out in March 25th. This year I plan on playing with February and see if they live well. Temps are 30-70f each day. Around 10 hours direct full on desert sun. Very rare to see a cloud.

Man would that do me some good for my solar panels (hot air) - it sometimes seems like it wasn't worth building - but when it is sunny they can sometimes crank out 60 celcius!!!
Solar capital man. Those farms are almost everywhere. Lol next to all the windmills

I got started a tad late for the 2022 season, the 2nd of February with the Mr. Clean seed I found in a bag of weed bought back in 2019. Then on the 4th, I shotgunned out 16 of my 2019 Wildling seeds for project X2022. The Mr. Clean, and several of the Wildlings have sprouted and been planted in cups of dirt. Then probably early April, they can be transplanted into larger pots of dirt and hopefully sexed and cuttings made and rooted before being planted in the ground end of May or early June. Still hoping for a mix of male and female for my Wildlings (all sibling seeds) so I can continue with my halfassed science breeding project.

And although I was thinking I would be starting next year's right on 01-JAN, I will likely have several post season starters already developing for my 2023 projects before then.

Back
Top Bottom