When does the Seedling stage end?

Ganja Goose

This question feels like a silly one, but I haven't been able to nail this one down in all my research. I apologize if this topic has been covered elsewhere within the forum.

I think a seed officially becomes a seedling once it sprouts, but when does the seedling phase officially transition to veg? I've read a few things such as wait for 3 fingers, wait for 5 fingers, 10 days after sprouting, etc, etc.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated

GG

This question feels like a silly one, but I haven't been able to nail this one down in all my research. I apologize if this topic has been covered elsewhere within the forum.

I think a seed officially becomes a seedling once it sprouts, but when does the seedling phase officially transition to veg? I've read a few things such as wait for 3 fingers, wait for 5 fingers, 10 days after sprouting, etc, etc.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated

GG
I consider the "seedling" stage has ended as soon as the newly sprung plant has established itself in the soil... and by that I mean that the tap root has extended to the bottom of the container and the plant is no longer swimming around when you water it. This firmly "established" plant, is now a young vegging plant in my mind, no longer an infant seedling.

One of the drawbacks of the internet is you can find someone out there with any number of theories and beliefs about any particular aspect of this hobby, and like you said, you have read many things, all claiming to be true. On things like this one, there really isn't a definitive answer... everyone is going to have their own opinions about it. I just know that once the plant stops swimming around, I can put away the mister and I can instead water the plant like an adult plant... so that is why I make the distinction there. This is also when I tend to hit the young plants with their first nutes.... because now that it has roots, it can handle them.

Thank you @013 and @Emilya

I will use that as my basis. I just want to make sure I'm on the same schedule as most others. I was always under the impression that the seedling stage lasted at least one month. In doing so, one could possibly be misaligned with the rest of the community by a couple weeks

Thank you again for all of the help!!

GG

Back
Top Bottom