When to start 1st day of flower count

Totally agree, I forgot to mention I use 660nm red at lights out to " try " and circumvent this. the 660nm puts the girls to sleep rapid instead of the 1-2 hours it would with a conventional switch from lights on to lights off, allows you to run a 13 on / 11 off, but only 1 of my tents has this at the momment ( 36 x CLU048 3k and 3.5k with 18 x epiled 660nm 3w diodes ) which is the fucker that chucked hairs at 7 days. I need to make some more pucks for my other tent, but theyve already started chucking after being on 12/12 for 12 days, as ive not ran this cross yet it. Im going to take an hour OFF the timer now to give them 11/13. :slide:
you will see the difference with that lighting - at present with a 9 week plant used 11/13 now going to 10/14 to speed up harvest time

you will see the difference with that lighting - at present with a 9 week plant used 11/13 now going to 10/14 to speed up harvest time

Well I went and checked on the girls that I thought were late bloomers, and I almost shit myself. Found out that a part of the segment switches wasn't operating properly so they were getting 14 on and 10 off ! No fucking wonder they were creeping into bloom. I've switched out that timer and put them on 11/13 now so hopefully they come out fucking swinging ! Should be stacked with hormones after being on that for 2 weeks. I'm glad we had this talk mate lol

If your plant produced flowers under 18/6 its not a photoperiod plant , its and auto flower and there is no need to switch to 12/12 with that type of plant .
That's interesting, I was about to order some and once again more mixed info. I heard some growers lower to 14 hours to start the flower stage, I was always under the impression an Auto would veg to harvest under 18/6 :(

That's interesting, I was about to order some and once again more mixed info. I heard some growers lower to 14 hours to start the flower stage, I was always under the impression an Auto would veg to harvest under 18/6 :(
autos will go from veg to harvest under 18/6 ..a photo period plant will not as it needs a reduction in light which as a general rule of thumb for indoor is 12/12 ..but yes flowering can be triggered in strains with a 14/10..key word being "Tiggered" what you need to remember is

Autoflower = does not require a reduction in the light schedule to flower

Photoperiod = Requires a reduction in the light schedule to flower 12/12 as rule of thumb for indoors.

This why I like this site, thanks heaps buddy, you have cleared my head of any bullshit conspiracies on Autos :)

Just quickly, I read from a few people that some autos will not auto flower ? Is this true to anyone's knowledge ? Perhaps it's possible these people were sent Photo plants ? ( You would hope )

This why I like this site, thanks heaps buddy, you have cleared my head of any bullshit conspiracies on Autos :)

Just quickly, I read from a few people that some autos will not auto flower ? Is this true to anyone's knowledge ? Perhaps it's possible these people were sent Photo plants ? ( You would hope )
You are welcome .

to answer your question ...if someone has a seed from an auto that does not auto flower it is due to the photoperiod part of the genetics not having been entirely breed out yet
. So look at it like this ...if you breed a 100% autofower with a 100% photo period ...you would have seeds that exhibit both auto and photoperiod traits ...meaning some would be autoflower and flower after a certain amount of time has passed regardless of light and some would be photoperiod and require the light cycle to be reduced to 12/12 (base line for flowering indoors) before flowering would occur .

You are welcome .

to answer your question ...if someone has a seed from an auto that does not auto flower it is due to the photoperiod part of the genetics not having been entirely breed out yet
. So look at it like this ...if you breed a 100% autofower with a 100% photo period ...you would have seeds that exhibit both auto and photoperiod traits ...meaning some would be autoflower and flower after a certain amount of time has passed regardless of light and some would be photoperiod and require the light cycle to be reduced to 12/12 (base line for flowering indoors) before flowering would occur .

interesting point !!!!!! did a china yemen with an auto of afghain -- came out with a heavy stativa in height but with that"fucken" auto gene afghain - interesting leaves

Back
Top Bottom