When to start 1st day of flower count

Yea I figured it wasnt the same but that makes sense as to why he would say veg for 2 weeks. I will look around more but not gonna make it a full time job. Im just trying to get all the stages correct cause I wanna grow some lemon juice but the seeds arent cheap so I wanna put my 199% in to it.
by researching and learning you are on the right track for success. I hear you on the full time job thing.

yes going from seedling stage directly to 12/12 wuld be like a two week veg and start of flower with no stretch and the transition/stretch stage is more symbolic of vegetative growth .

what I was referring to that was in the article had to do with the plants hormonal set by pretty much skipping a vegetative growth pase under vegetative light conditions and reaching maturity .
I dunno I will find out though. I will look in my jorge cervantes book see if he has anything on some of this craziness.

I dunno I will find out though. I will look in my jorge cervantes book see if he has anything on some of this craziness.
cool deal .. I have mel frank and ed Rosenthal to name a few in my library pages are falling out I have read the so much as back in my hay day we didn't have a wonderful to go like we have here at 420mag today.

for your grows remember this ….bigger the roots the bigger the fruits and genrally big roots come with the age of the plants ...roots stop growing if memory serves me right around week 3 of 12/12.

This is Cherry Wine CBD, 65 days from seed. I usually run 12/12 from seed because of small area. This plant, i started at 12/12 from seed, showed sex at 16 days old, I topped, transplanted from solo to 2 gallon airpot, flipped to 18/6 for 14 days, topped again, then flipped back to 12/12. This is using 210 watts average, in a 3x3.

Veg time is based on area available. in a 2x2-3x3 veg times should be short, and dependent on plant count. Longer the veg, more space is needed, but greater yield potential. If you have the room and time, veg as long as you want, fill a scrog up, if you have a small area, need a quick turnaround, entirely skip veg, start 12/12.

I think i got 2 stretch periods doing 12/12-18/6-12/12 routine. This plant is awesome, im very impressed with the growth,

@Mayne Dude thats pretty bad ass so the hydro guy was right. He said because I have a small grow my tent at the time was 2x2x4. Thanks for the info, you the man!

read carefully... he still had about a month vegging... I did read about an auto today that just stayed in 12/12 the entire time and he got it to start flowering in a little over 2 weeks ... I am just not sure I would prefer fast over quantity... but that is just me.
I did read carefully and the 4 weeks is what I said yesterday because when you switch from veg to flower the plant does not immediately jump into a flowering mode therefore the veg stage continues a little longer. TaDa

@Mayne Dude thats pretty bad ass so the hydro guy was right. He said because I have a small grow my tent at the time was 2x2x4. Thanks for the info, you the man!
with that size tent I would recommend mainlining or doing a scrogg … that tent is about the same size as the one I grew my little test plant in that yielded 250.2 grams and she vegged for at least 4 weeks and was an average 10" above the scrogg.
IMG_5898.JPG
IMG_5899.JPG

by veg I mean 2 weeks seedling growth 18/6...4 weeks vegetative growth18/6 ,,,then switch to 12/12

Is there a moderator that can possibly move the question of vegging 2 weeks to another thread so we dont keep hijacking the op's thread?

your also a smart man growing one plant and what a beautiful canopy I still cant get that done. I was growing 4 plants in a 2x2x4 t3nt with 1 300w viparspectra LED

I start counting veg time two weeks after it breaks ground sometimes 3 depending on size. Flower day one as soon as I switch light 12/12. Seems everyone has there own preference which is o.k.

I start counting veg time two weeks after it breaks ground sometimes 3 depending on size. Flower day one as soon as I switch light 12/12. Seems everyone has there own preference which is o.k.
Honestly I ask cause I just go by the way my plant looks I have never kept track of any of that not even PH. I checked my water source once and continued with things as she grew. Only time I am more critical is around harvest time cause I have to have time to flush the soil and I dont want to harvest too late.

your also a smart man growing one plant and what a beautiful canopy I still cant get that done. I was growing 4 plants in a 2x2x4 t3nt with 1 300w viparspectra LED
Thank you ….all you have to do is do it ...its that simple the hardest thing to get over is bending and tieing down branches and not freek out when you hear it snap a little or even break ...when you do try it you will come to find out these plants are tough! heck its like they bounce back and ask for more saying "is that all you got !" btw that is a 140w light .

Thank you ….all you have to do is do it ...its that simple the hardest thing to get over is bending and tieing down branches and not freek out when you hear it snap a little or even break ...when you do try it you will come to find out these plants are tough! heck its like they bounce back and ask for more saying "is that all you got !" btw that is a 140w light .
Oh ive done it it just didnt look as good as your canopy. I had 4 plants in there crossing over eachother tied everywhere I will post a picture if I can find one. It was a bit crazy,

I have to agree to disagree. The reason I ask is cause the owner of a hydro shop told me to stop wasting my time vegging 4 weeks he said just veg for 2 weeks and flip to flowering as that is when your plant grows the most. So to me that kinda makes the veg stage pretty inportant. Sorry to op didnt mean to hijack your post but I think if were all gonna get better at this theres gotta be solid answers from seed to veg to flower. Just my opinion and yes I know opinions are like buttholes everybody has one.

Veg for 2 weeks is a vague answer considering all the different strains, growing conditions, and techniques. For example, I am approaching 8 weeks in veg and have not cut the lights back yet.

maybe so... because there is not a strain out there that can flower 2 weeks from popping out of the ground.... clones yes... you can send a clone to flower the day it puts out roots.

I agree

This ^^^ - you should not put immature plants into flower. The 2 weeks you think you're gonna gain wont happen. The plant has to reach maturity to flower.

Clones as mentioned - already are mature plants.

On the counting days thing. I've ran Sativa that don't show pistols for 21-28 days after flip.

I put the date of flip on label on my containers.

I have a strain that I run that is ready for chop 40-45 days. If I dont count the first 7-10 days before pistols show, its a 32-38 day strain. Everyone gonna call BS on that timing I'm thinking.

Back
Top Bottom