When To Start Foliar Spray for Pest Prevention?

simondetroit

I havent seen any signs of pests yet in my vegging plants but I just took about 20 cuttings for clones. I'm aware of all of the various combinations of foliar sprays to kill/prevent pests but I was wondering....."When Should I Start spraying the foilage to prevent pests?" Is there a certain age/size the plants should be? Or should I first wait for signs of infestation?:peace::thanks:

Re: When TO Start Foliar Spray for Pest Prevention??

pests seem to be inevitable. you either have them or you will get them.
I like to wait till 12" in height to treat them...before there is a problem. there are many solutions to choose from

If I'm using Neem oil mixed with water should I start with a weak solution first? Since I currently dont have pests (that I know of)? Or should I use a strong solution just like I would if I had pests?

go weak......

It's really personal preference as far as what to use. Neem Oil and Mite-Rid are two of the better organic ones IMO.

Who, claims that these are ORGANIC? Neem yes, but mite-rid, is probably not even available now because it was being sent here illegally!!! No EPA approval, no exemption status, NOP, OMRI. It's poison from down under, gouging patients and care givers alike. Although mite-rids price point is better then most US companies getting rich off meds.

i dont know when it comes to spider mites because i havent had them yet(thankfully). but a product called azamax works wonders on fungus gnats and thrip's especially on the fungus gnats since they start their life cycle in the dirt. Its organic but expensive but i think its well worth it. I once had my clones destroyed by fungus gnats eating and preventing roots to take hold. it can be used as a drench or foliar spray. I personally start using it on my peat pellets when i first take the clones, i drench them in the water with the azamax. its suppose to be an anti-feedant to pest so its best used through out the growth cycle up until the last few weeks of harvest.

Back
Top Bottom