When Will My Buds Harden Up?

you want the rh of the bud to be around 70 when you pull to go into jars. you want this part to take at least a week

then you want the slow cure to pull the rh from 70 down to 60 to take as long as possible in jars.

once the rh goes below 60 you dont need to worry about mold, and the microbes that eat your chloryphll are gone too

i have also seen my friend in real life ( who grows with a viparspectra) always have tasteless hayish smelling bud.
i have talked to him about the same slow drying thing, and am thinking theres not enough red spectrum to develop good terpenes on the bud.

you want the rh of the bud to be around 70 when you pull to go into jars. you want this part to take at least a week

then you want the slow cure to pull the rh from 70 down to 60 to take as long as possible in jars.

once the rh goes below 60 you dont need to worry about mold, and the microbes that eat your chloryphll are gone too

i have also seen my friend in real life ( who grows with a viparspectra) always have tasteless hayish smelling bud.
i have talked to him about the same slow drying thing, and am thinking theres not enough red spectrum to develop good terpenes on the bud.
Nobody has said anything about my humidity! I'm worried now. I have 3 jars of stuff that dried in 5 days. Crispy but still sticky and smashable. What should I do? Stop burping so the moisture gets built back up? They're in their jars with boveda packs 62%.

Nobody has said anything about my humidity! I'm worried now. I have 3 jars of stuff that dried in 5 days. Crispy but still sticky and smashable. What should I do? Stop burping so the moisture gets built back up? They're in their jars with boveda packs 62%.

we had a discussion on bovedas and the like on a previous thread.

#1 if you went down past 60 rh you alreadt missed the curing window, nothing you can do but change it next time

#2 if you are using bovedas to rehydrate you might notice a slight taste of the water from the bovedas. nothing major but it was a point that was brought up

#3 bovedas are better at lowering rh, rather than rehydrating. you dont actually want to use the bovedas to rehydrate because of #2

#4 the bovedas will rehydrate your weed if it was brought down too far in rh, but it will not revive the microbes that eat chlorypyll
whatever chlorryphlyy is left is now locked into your bud forever

#5 i did the exact samething my first harvest, i will be much better prepared this time around. i didnt get a humidity controller for the first few days, knowing what i know now, i was already fckked as far as my dry goes

I’ll let you know how mine turn out. I harvested my plant and within 2 days I Jared her up because she was drying too fast, Rh was in the low 40s. Only thing that’s gives me a positive outlook is that they were still smelling sweet and were sticky. Threw them in jars with Boveda 62 Packs, hope that helps them some.

mine smelled absolutely deliciuos when i harvested i remeber the scissor hash when trimming.
3 days later little to no smell, my rh the first couple days in my tent was around 50% and still they dried way to quick.
i think it was just from the act of opening the tent a couple times a day to check them that allowed the ambient winter air (20% rh) to come into the tent that screwed it.

this time around i have ahumidity controller i will adjust first day and then not ipen the tent at all

mine smelled absolutely deliciuos when i harvested i remeber the scissor hash when trimming.
3 days later little to no smell, my rh the first couple days in my tent was around 50% and still they dried way to quick.
i think it was just from the act of opening the tent a couple times a day to check them that allowed the ambient winter air (20% rh) to come into the tent that screwed it.

this time around i have ahumidity controller i will adjust first day and then not ipen the tent at all

What are you using for humidity, and what size tent are you in, I’m in a 48x48x80. What would you recommend???

Second question, how was the smoke after that first harvest experience?

I am actually going thru the same thing, I cut of a side branch and am hang drying it and has a strong grassy smell vs when it was growing it had a strong grape jelly smell. My rh are between 40-44 and I can really do much right now to control that and my temps are between 74-78 any advice?? I fashioned a big paper bag and over a hanger and some wire inside to hand the bud and I have that hanging in my closet seems like that’s the best I can die until I get my funds up
Just make sure u dry it slowly!

Hey Sly! Off topic question but how do you get those special signatures? Like after your comment, on the bottom, it says "SlyTown's 420 Alaskan Thunder Fuck in soil........"
How do you do that?!

Second question, how was the smoke after that first harvest experience?

the weed itself is pretty bomb, it just has not much of a taste.
indont like to use a grinder i typically break up with my fingers over a kief screen to release some terp trich oil and even then not much of a taste/smell

Hey Sly! Off topic question but how do you get those special signatures? Like after your comment, on the bottom, it says "SlyTown's 420 Alaskan Thunder Fuck in soil........"
How do you do that?!
click on your profile and click signature.
theres a text box that you can type whatever you want or cut paste links into your sig

What are you using for humidity, and what size tent are you in, I’m in a 48x48x80. What would you recommend???

my tent is only 2.5 x 2.5 the same one im using in my joirnal. after harvest i dry in the tent as well. thats why i setup the veg area out of my tent to keep plants going during the tent being out of comission for hanging.

so what i found out was this.
i set my humidity controller to turn on my exhaust at a certain rh%.
when my exhaust turns on it brings ambient air from the room the tent is in into the tent.
my last harvest i set it to exhaust at 70%
problem was that my ambient rh inside the tent would drop to 35% when pulling in the outside air into the tent.
i was so scared of mold i didnt dare set the controller to a higher humidity.
i also keep a cool mist humidifier going AT ALL TIMES while the buds are hanging.

this time around i am going to set the exhaust to pull out at 80-85% instead of 70.
i need more of a buffer to combat how dry the air that is getting pulled into the tent, so that the tents humidity does not drop so low.
unless you can control the ambient air outside the tent (which i personally cant) you need to find the sweet spot on the controller so that when the outside air mixes into the air in the tent, the rh doesnt drop below 50%. i feel like this time around as long as rh% does not drop below 50 i will be able to prolong the hang to around a week, last time my buds were crisp in 4 days, which now i know is too short a hang time

so what you meed for a home micro grow drying situation is
#1 humidity controller
good luck without one, you must be living in a tropical area on an island or the middle of summer to be able to get by without one.
either that or have a humidifier with a set rh% setting ( prob costs more money than i am willing to spend)

#2 have a humidifier going in the tent 24-7 during drying to supplement the humidity being lost by the hanging branches.
this at least gives a little but of an extra cushion in rh% that will allow the air inside the tent to be humid enough to withstand the fresh air being sucked inside the tent when the humidity controller is turned on

#3 fan moving/mixing the air at the bottom of the tent where the fresh air comes in from the ducts.
ideally you dont want that fresh blast of lower rh% air coming up and “toucching” the flowers.
you want the fresh air to be mixed with the humidifier air when it first enters the tent.
my idea is to elevate the humidifier a few inches to create a few layered zones of rh before air reaches the top of the tent where the hanging flowers are

my tent is only 2.5 x 2.5 the same one im using in my joirnal. after harvest i dry in the tent as well. thats why i setup the veg area out of my tent to keep plants going during the tent being out of comission for hanging.

so what i found out was this.
i set my humidity controller to turn on my exhaust at a certain rh%.
when my exhaust turns on it brings ambient air from the room the tent is in into the tent.
my last harvest i set it to exhaust at 70%
problem was that my ambient rh inside the tent would drop to 35% when pulling in the outside air into the tent.
i was so scared of mold i didnt dare set the controller to a higher humidity.
i also keep a cool mist humidifier going AT ALL TIMES while the buds are hanging.

this time around i am going to set the exhaust to pull out at 80-85% instead of 70.
i need more of a buffer to combat how dry the air that is getting pulled into the tent, so that the tents humidity does not drop so low.
unless you can control the ambient air outside the tent (which i personally cant) you need to find the sweet spot on the controller so that when the outside air mixes into the air in the tent, the rh doesnt drop below 50%. i feel like this time around as long as rh% does not drop below 50 i will be able to prolong the hang to around a week, last time my buds were crisp in 4 days, which now i know is too short a hang time

That’s been a huge concern for me, I’ve been so worried about humidity( because of mold concerns) I keep trying to keep the tent with my remaining two flowering plants under 60% RH

That’s been a huge concern for me, I’ve been so worried about humidity( because of mold concerns) I keep trying to keep the tent with my remaining two flowering plants under 60% RH
Yes, as do I. However, he's saying we need to up the rh% to 70% when we're drying, WITH a humidifier! I got it! Such a newbie mistake. Gaaaah!
:lot-o-toke:

so what you meed for a home micro grow drying situation is
#1 humidity controller
good luck without one, you must be living in a tropical area on an island or the middle of summer to be able to get by without one.
either that or have a humidifier with a set rh% setting ( prob costs more money than i am willing to spend)

#2 have a humidifier going in the tent 24-7 during drying to supplement the humidity being lost by the hanging branches.
this at least gives a little but of an extra cushion in rh% that will allow the air inside the tent to be humid enough to withstand the fresh air being sucked inside the tent when the humidity controller is turned on

#3 fan moving/mixing the air at the bottom of the tent where the fresh air comes in from the ducts.
ideally you dont want that fresh blast of lower rh% air coming up and “toucching” the flowers.
you want the fresh air to be mixed with the humidifier air when it first enters the tent.
my idea is to elevate the humidifier a few inches to create a few layered zones of rh before air reaches the top of the tent where the hanging flowers are
Wow brother, thanks for this! Some great info and pointers!
:thanks:

Back
Top Bottom