When Will My Buds Harden Up?

RookieJuana

I harvested this Northern Lights Auto 2 days ago! She is trimmed up and drying slowly in my dry tent with humidity at 57%. That being said I have two questions. First, when will my buds start smelling more like skunk and less like lawn clippings? And secondly, when will they harden up and get dense? Right now the buds are just so soft. Thank you for taking the time to read this!

Attachments

• 20190407_234043.jpg
    20190407_234043.jpg
    752.4 KB · Views: 346
  • 20190407_220656.jpg
    20190407_220656.jpg
    468.7 KB · Views: 322
Nice-looking Harvest. After you cure them for a few weeks the smell should change. The buds will get harder when they dry, probably a week or so.

Nice-looking Harvest. After you cure them for a few weeks the smell should change. The buds will get harder when they dry, probably a week or so.
Oh ok, thank you! Love your Rottie, by the way.

Oh ok, thank you! Love your Rottie, by the way.
I got that picture of the Rottie off the internet. I used to have one years ago and loved him to death. I'll get another one one day.

I harvested this Northern Lights Auto 2 days ago! She is trimmed up and drying slowly in my dry tent with humidity at 57%. That being said I have two questions. First, when will my buds start smelling more like skunk and less like lawn clippings? And secondly, when will they harden up and get dense? Right now the buds are just so soft. Thank you for taking the time to read this!
Goid question! Dry sliwly that's the key from my understanding. My first harvest i dried way to fast and it never got rid of it. Now i know better

you want to be able to just snap the stem, but still play in the bud , not too dry just the snap and no more , jar for about 8 weeks, not over filled fill jars half way so you get air in their also , the first three weeks open the jars twice a day move the bud around ( burping ), then just once a day check make sure no mold is present :goodluck:

you want to be able to just snap the stem, but still play in the bud , not too dry just the snap and no more , jar for about 8 weeks, not over filled fill jars half way so you get air in their also , the first three weeks open the jars twice a day move the bud around ( burping ), then just once a day check make sure no mold is present :goodluck:
Put plainly and simple! Thanks! KISS right? Keep it simple stupid? Thank you! I can remember this!

this is a top puff by the way , they are brilliant , if your smoke is a little harsh ( smoking too soon ) this will sooth it slightly ,

travelling-top-puff-water-pipe-toppuff-glass.jpg
LMFAO I found that my husband's water bong does the same thing and looks a lot like that!! That is too funny! It must be the water, huh?

I’m a couple days behind you on mine. I’m getting that grass clipping smell coming through the vent. When I opened it to look at the drying progress I still got the nice before chop smell directly from the buds. I’m very impatient :nervous-guy:I just want to :lot-o-toke:

I’m a couple days behind you on mine. I’m getting that grass clipping smell coming through the vent. When I opened it to look at the drying progress I still got the nice before chop smell directly from the buds. I’m very impatient :nervous-guy:I just want to :lot-o-toke:
Doesn't it just suuuuuuck?!! You're doing it though. You're waiting, that's admirable! And you thought you would never make it this far, but you are here. I know it feels like you will never get there, but you will! Can't wait for a smoke report back!!

But yeah, me no like my smoke to smell like my front lawn!! Ha. I'm out right now but I will check on the humidity and smell when I get back home and let you know what I notice.

Doesn't it just suuuuuuck?!! You're doing it though. You're waiting, that's admirable! And you thought you would never make it this far, but you are here. I know it feels like you will never get there, but you will! Can't wait for a smoke report back!!

But yeah, me no like my smoke to smell like my front lawn!! Ha. I'm out right now but I will check on the humidity and smell when I get back home and let you know what I notice.

How long do you wait after drying to smoke? Do you cure for a few weeks and then take a taste or try it right after it’s done drying

Hey @RookieJuana!

Nice looking harvest!
From my experience - I dry for 4-7 Days, and after 7 days of curing the flowers will begin to harden up and release its aromas.

Be patient, it will be worth it!

Hey @RookieJuana!

Nice looking harvest!
From my experience - I dry for 4-7 Days, and after 7 days of curing the flowers will begin to harden up and release its aromas.

Be patient, it will be worth it!
Thanks so much! Very kind of you to respond!!

How long do you wait after drying to smoke? Do you cure for a few weeks and then take a taste or try it right after it’s done drying
I can never wait. I try it right when it's done drying. But you'll notice the difference in smoking that and smoking the last of your harvest, where the buds have cured properly. But yeah, I can never wait. I've actually harvested early twice because I couldn't wait but then learned my lesson.

I am actually going thru the same thing, I cut of a side branch and am hang drying it and has a strong grassy smell vs when it was growing it had a strong grape jelly smell. My rh are between 40-44 and I can really do much right now to control that and my temps are between 74-78 any advice?? I fashioned a big paper bag and over a hanger and some wire inside to hand the bud and I have that hanging in my closet seems like that’s the best I can die until I get my funds up

Back
Top Bottom