Where are my amber trichomes?

OlderStoner

I'm finishing up two very nice looking female plants. Today is day 122 of the oldest and day 108 of the younger, which is a clone from the older one. They both have nice looking trichomes, lots of them, although I've seen frostier buds in my time. Last week I trimmed off some smaller buds and after drying for 7 days I gave it a try. Not bad, but it's far from the intense high I'm looking for. I'm really trying for the "couch lock" high this time. The trichomes are mostly milky now, and there are still plenty of clear ones. I'm seeking that first couple of amber colored ones to know it's time. But just like last time, and the time before that, it seems like the amber color never shows up. I have patience and will wait whatever time it takes this grow. So I was wondering what others report as for how long it takes to get some amber color to show up in the trichomes?

BTW, this is day 80 of the oldest ones 12/12 cycle. They are inside under fluros and I used the FF regime, very lightly only increasing the P in the last month or so with the Open Sesame and Cha-Ching. And I can see that tell-tale burnt leaf tip affect, just minimal so I know they've had their fill with the nutes. The water has always been ph'ed to 6.5(+/-) and earlier this week I started them on clear water to flush the pots considering that I should be in the last 2-3 weeks with them now. But by now I was expecting to see at least a couple of amber colored trichomes.

Does amber always show up? I waited for amber and it went into a second budding. I was thinking that depending on plant type. Maybe one has amber and one doesn't. I'm sure I'm wrong,but still will ask the question.

Hi,

Post some pics and will see how ready your plants are.

One thing where seed sellers always cheat is flowering time - if you are worried because of that you can stop now. It almost always takes more time then they say.

Hi,

Post some pics and will see how ready your plants are.

One thing where seed sellers always cheat is flowering time - if you are worried because of that you can stop now. It almost always takes more time then they say.

Thanks Snowman, I can't get a photo right now but I look very close using my 30X loupe and it's loaded with milky and still some clear trichomes. I sampled a bud from one of the lower branches and yes sir, waiter, I'll have the cannabis surprise. It's not the best I've ever had but it rings the bell with just a single toke. The main plant is now at day 131 so it should be ready. It was grown indoors in soil with plenty of nutes. Wish I could have gotten more powerful lights to it. All the others are clones from this one and with the quality I see in the first taste it looks like this one was worth the time. But I still see no amber trichomes anywhere.

My first grow, I Waited for an extra 4 weeks for those Amber tricomes.......
It never happened. However the plants got so old that one of them sprouted a banana in a bud and I wound up with 30 (non-hermie) seeds. Wonderful accident- THC Bomb/Pineapple Chunk mix- tastes like sage/spearmint. Anyway the tricomes stayed cloudy but after curing I looked at some of the buds and they were nearly all amber.
Let her linger. Worst case scenario you get free seeds!
:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom