Which is more important?

kram rollen

Humidity or temperature during drying. Surprising I’m having an easier time controlling humidity than my temps in a grow tent.

RH for sure ....temp is a fine tuning tool. If RH in your space was high, you would increase temp...vice versa...but if you can control RH then no need to mess with temp.

The trick is to not over dry them....because you want them to cure @ 60-65% RH.
Kinda figured that RH was more important, but have never seen what to do with temperature. Thanks
RH for sure ....temp is a fine tuning tool. If RH in your space was high, you would increase temp...vice versa...but if you can control RH then no need to mess with temp.

[/QUOTE

The cooler it is sometimes it takes longer to dry. Usually it does but there are exceptions.

Room temps or slightly cooler say down to 60F and you will be ok.

Its when its cool and the RH jumps up, thats a problem for drying weeds.

The cooler it is sometimes it takes longer to dry. Usually it does but there are exceptions.

I've been able to keep temps at about 67F and humidity at 50%. I'm into my forth day and the buds seem dry, but the stems don't break just bend. When I pull a small bud off it rips a string off the stem. I think a little more drying time before cure. I just don't want to screw this part up. Thanks for your help.

Dont wait until your stems snap - that will be too dry. If you buds are crispy on the outside they are good enough to trim now and put into cans.

I use the 62% Boveda packs for curing and long term storage. I've got weed that is 5 years old or older still good. 62% is where you want to be for curing. Less you get hay.

Don't want hay. I started the cure today, stems aren't cracking, hoping I'm good to go. Some of the larger buds are still a little wet on the inside, and need a little more drying time. Thanks for your help

I’m gonna try the Boveda packs @62%
Since I got some of those Boveda packs I haven't had a problem with mold. Lost 2 or 3 batches before the Boveda, haven't lost any since then. They've been a life saver. Or weed saver.

I only got 10 Boveda packs which has been fine so far cause the weed never lasted very long, but I might hit that limit before smoking it all or want to keep some long term. So a question for you guys, if I cure with a 62% Boveda, how long would I need to cure it before being able to take the Boveda out and only open it once a month or two without it molding?

if I cure with a 62% Boveda, how long would I need to cure it before being able to take the Boveda out and only open it once a month or two without it molding
Answer is "depends"...as in RH of the buds day they went into the jar, density of buds, etc. If they are close to 62% going into the jar then there should be no risk of mold...but watch them for 3-4 weeks just in case ;)

I leave my Boveda packs in there until the weed is gone.

62% is a little moist for smoking (I vape) so you can take buds out and leave them sit out over night the buds will be ready to smoke in the am.

Back
Top Bottom