Which one?

Yes, I did actually provide a sneaky link in the original post to one of the sponsors who has that seed available. I went ahead and quoted myself and made the original link red.

If you don't mind me asking, did you get CC from a sponsor ? It sounds great ! And the photos looking GReaT ! Nervous about the auto I am getting (if I get it). Gonna read up on it to educate myself .
Keep up the good work,...looking great !

What is an alternative instead of buying a co2 machine or a humidifier ?

They have lots of different things.

You can do homemade CO2 generators. Typically a mixture of baking soda and an acid. Very messy and doesn't last very long.

They have some bag CO2 generators avaiable commerically as well. These you have in your tent, and when exposed to air generate CO2. This will last longer... but you have no way to control the level of CO2. You also cannot control the timing of release - it releases CO2 even at night when the plant won't use it.

But the easiest and cheapest method over the long haul is either a CO2 generator or purchasing a CO2 tank and regulator.

I would personally skip CO2 until I had a couple of harvests under my belt. It will make a huge difference, but only if everything else is optimal... and you need experience to get growing conditions optimal.

For a humidifier, there are lots of options. Everything from commercial humidifiers, to home humidifiers, to DIY (a wet towel in front of a fan). Good home humidifiers are available from Lowes (or you local hardware store) rather cheaply. I wouldn't skimp on this purchase.

:goodluck:

GL4A

Thanks GL for that info,...is a dehumidifier just as important as humidifier. I didn't think a humidifier was so important because of it causing mold where as a dehumidifier will prevent mold.
How long does it take you to get seeds from Castle, got my tracking # yesterday. I hope they make it.
(nervous as can be).

In reality neither one causes mold or prevents mold...

You are trying to establish an environment that is suitable for healthy crop growth. For MJ, this requires something in the neighborhood of 50 to 60% relative humidity. During flowering, you can go lower. During veg, you can go higher. But this is a good estimate of what you need in the environment. If you go above 75% humidity - then you are going to have problems with molds and fungus. If you go much below 40%, you are going to have problems burning the plants with nutrients because of all the water that needs to flow thru the plant (you need weak nutrient solutions to run in dry conditions) to keep it from drying out.

I am not sure what your ambient environment is like. Since you mentioned a need for a humidifier, I assumed that you have a relative humidity somewhere down in the 20 to 40% range - not unusual in desert like conditions - and thus a need to add moisture into the air. The plants will add a lot of moisture into the air - especially late in flowering. This is the reason that most people need a dehumidifier to run a successful grow. Ambient conditions around 50% with lots of growing plants can easily exceed 75% within an hour or so. In a grow tent with CO2, I can go from 50% RH to 75% RH within about 15 minutes. So I am forced to use a dehumidifier in both the grow room and the grow tent to keep things in check.

:goodluck:

GL4A,, You are such a big help to myself, you are so knowledgable and willing to help others I hope one day I will be able to help new growers. It amazes me all the info needed just to grow weed. So much it is confusing.:Namaste:

I enjoy helping people grow this wonderful weed.

And yes, get a couple of grows under your belt and you will be surprised at the information you can contribute on a site like this.

I love gardening and I derive my income from large scale farming of commercial corn, soybean, and hay crops. I know and understand plants and really don't mind sharing that knowledge.

Growing can be as easy as throwing some seeds in the backyard garden and hoping for the best. But when you are growing for quality and wish to generate a certain quantity, there are best practices available that will consistently get you there. Knowing and then following these rules is what separates good growers (and commercial farmers - it is the same in so many ways) from the not-so-good growers. One of the reasons that it is so confusing is that there are so many different cultivation techniques with MJ - all requiring a slightly different set of "best practices."

The best way is to pick a seed, then pick a growing method, get started, accept mistakes, and improve over time. Experience is a great mentor!

GL4A,, You are such a big help to myself, you are so knowledgable and willing to help others I hope one day I will be able to help new growers. It amazes me all the info needed just to grow weed. So much it is confusing.:Namaste:

Honestly weed can seem way more difficult then it is.

Nowdays people talk about EC this, PPM that, Spectrums, Brix, Aero, Hydro, Organic, Chem, BLAH BLAH BLAH.

Just take a seed you think you'll like (for a first timer maybe even make it a feminized seed to make sure you get buds and not balls) or a cclone off someone works too. Now take this clone or seed and stick it in decent dirt, water when it gets fairly dry but not before. Dont overfeed and bamn. In a few months you got killer buds.

KISS is one of the easiest ways for success with mary jane.

Back
Top Bottom