Which one?

A couple of replies...

White widow is originally bred from a brazilian sativa and an indica from India as an F1 hybrid. At this point, lots of breeders have produced true breeding lines of White Widow. The process of going from an F1 hybrid to breeding stock allows the breeder to favor either the indica side, the sativa side, or to keep them balanced. There are lots of strains that call themselves White Widow because they started from a Brazilian Sativa and a South Indian Indica.

It is relatively trivial for a breeder to favor one side or the other when breeding what was originally an F1 hybrid and is now (pretty much) a set of stabilized strains. The seed bank that I purchased my White Widow from favored the sativa side just slightly - so they end up at a 60/40 mix.

So what you see and experience as an indica strain... I see and experience as something with a nice sativa kick.

I just read about ak47...sounds good for me.

Ak-47 is a winner in anyone's book.

But there are two varieties that have been bred from AK-47 that most think are slightly better. They are called AK 48 and Kaya 47. If you are thinking about AK-47... you should at least read up on these two descendants.

Nirvana Short Rider...

Nirvana Short Rider is a hybrid of our discontinued marijuana strains Top 44 and Early Special. Top 44 has long been a trade favourite because of its ability to produce commercially worthwhile amounts of strong, skunky buds in just 44 days of flowering. Even though Early Special itself lacks this characteristic, its Siberian Cannabis Ruderalis genes give Short Rider the unique ability to "autoflower" - to flower independently of light cycles, like lowryder. This means you won't need to maintain a strict lighting schedule for these marijuana seeds - they will flower regardless! These seeds are a must for cannabis growers with limited space or who simply want to finish extra early. The quality of the weed is amazing considering how little time it takes these marijuana seeds to finish.
White strain: No
Feminized: Yes
Medical: No
Effect: Stoned (body buzz, relaxing effect)
Flowering period: 6 - 8 weeks
Average yield: 200 - 300 (g/m² in SOG)
Flavour: pungent / fruity
Plant height: Short
Plant type: Indoor as well as Outdoor
Indica / Sativa: Hybrid

Nirvana Short Rider feminized (5 seeds)

SOG and your "On Like Donkey Kong"

I need something with a very very very short flowering. My one and only looks like a male..so I need something that's gonna be fast.
This plant just started as a "what the heck" kinda thing...no serious grow,..Now I am very serious about growing from start to finish, I have already invested quite a bit of time and moolah, have the setup you know what I mean and grow just enough for myself. I have really enjoyed taking care of my plant.
So now I need a better seed than a bagseed. No telling how long it will be before I get to harvest some! But that's what my stupidass gets!

If you want a fast harvest - you really can't beat the auto-flowering varieties. PuffinStuff gave you pointers to one... but it doesn't meet the criteria you stated earlier as it is mostly indica... though very fast. If you start from seed... you need 4 to 10 days for germination, 2 weeks as a seedling... 2 weeks veg (minimum)... and then 8 week flower. That is a minimum of 12 weeks (96 days). But most plants that finish in 8 weeks need about 4 to 5 weeks in veg... as a general rule. So you are more realistically looking at a 15 week cycle your first time through.

Here is a link to one of the sponsors seed banks which has auto-flowering plants: Auto Seeds, Auto Marijuana Seeds. Buy Cheap Weed Seeds | Page 1

And one that really does seem to meet your criteria : Auto Ultra Lemon Haze Automatic. Cannabis Seeds at Castle

And here is another one that supposedly gets great yields: Auto Auto Pounder. Marijuana Seeds at Castle

You should also post a grow jounal in the Journals in Progress section of the site. You will get lots of help with your first "real" grow.

Lot's of choices out there... so :goodluck: with your selection. Let us know what you decide.

I need something with a very very very short flowering. My one and only looks like a male..so I need something that's gonna be fast.
This plant just started as a "what the heck" kinda thing...no serious grow,..Now I am very serious about growing from start to finish, I have already invested quite a bit of time and moolah, have the setup you know what I mean and grow just enough for myself. I have really enjoyed taking care of my plant.
So now I need a better seed than a bagseed. No telling how long it will be before I get to harvest some! But that's what my stupidass gets!

Hey Great, where did your last post go, not here now.
Anyways I found an auto Black skull five-0 from the sponsor provided, that one is what I need. I also need to order something not auto also. Question: can you clone an auto...I am gonna watch youtube and read up on cuttings or cloning Cuz I know nothing about that.
Great, thanks for all your extra help.:thumb: :thanks:

Anyways I found an auto Black skull five-0 from the sponsor provided, that one is what I need. I also need to order something not auto also.

I am glad you found something that works... especially with the sponsor! Go for the Kaya and post it in a journal - I would love to follow along with one of those grows. I would then know whether or not to put it on my wishlist...

Question: can you clone an auto...I am gonna watch youtube and read up on cuttings or cloning Cuz I know nothing about that.
Great, thanks for all your extra help.:thumb: :thanks:

Yes... you can clone an auto. But no... you don't get what you think. All the clones will finish at the same time as the mother (due to the delay from cloning - it is not exact). At this point, and to the best of my knowledge, none of the autos can be cloned successfully to carry on a next generation. You will need to start from seed every time. It does make them more expensive than cloning.

I also have a post in my first and second journal on how I do cloning. Works very well... typically end up at close to 100%. Cloning is not as hard as people make it out to be. It is mostly doing some things right and then having the patience not to intervene in the process.

And, as always. I am glad to help another person get started. This is an awesome "weed" and should be free and legal for all to grow. If you need any additional help, be glad to provide it.

:goodluck:

Your babies look a lot like my Holy Grail Kush's.
Picture_2463.jpg

Once they are flowered out, you/we will be better able to speculate.

But the width of the leaves lead me to believe it is Indica dominant. Nonetheless, your plants are looking great.

Check out Jamaican Dream, granny. It's fast flowering, grows like an indica, but the buzz is sativa, and it's an award winner. I have one in flower and two cuts rooting.

Graytail, I wish I would have seen your post earlier, Jamaican dream sounds like the one for me, one of the ones, so many I read about I think "that's the one I need" ! So many to choose from my head starts spinning.
I have a question for anyone who will answer, I am growing indoors, cfl, in a space that 3 ft×2 ft and about 6.5 tall, I grew that bagseed male in a 3 gallon smart pot, which I truly like, should I get a 5 gallon for this next one????? Auto pounder and Kaya 47.

... I was going to say yes for the Kaya 47 (sativa dom) and no for the Auto Pounder, but with the sort of yield the Auto Pounder is supposed to produce, it seems like it would be well worth it. Better roots = better buds.

Granny keep in mind also that most sativas will take a long time to flower. Sometimes up to 16 weeks. Thats double what a indica takes.

Youll want to get a hybrid that is very sativa dominant in the smoke but that grows more like a indica. Because indica plants are easy to grow indoors, and because indica flowering times are so much less.

Well for indoors I know many do very well with AK 48. I never tried or grown it personally though.

The only sativas I have grown are OG Kush cross that takes 12 weeks to finish. and right now I got these purple Kush and a jack herrer x g-13 cross.

All dont finish fast though so they bad for indoors.

should be able to use them many times. I find them too expensive. But I am thrifty, so perhaps they are ok for you :).

A 15 gallon black pot from the nursery for 2 bucks works just fine for me :)

Good Day GrannyT

I am growing out a plant called Cinderella-99 right now from G13 labs. It is a sativa dom type of plant that finishes in 50 to 55 days. My first one is in the middle of flowering right now, but it looks very good despite the fact that it is overshadowed by two huge sativas on either side. I have never tried C99 before, no one around here has ever heard about it.

Quick harvest and strong sativa effects could make this a great one. I also have another one that has just started flowering - I let it get a little bigger to see the effect. Here is a picture of three different plants from my Grow Journal:
IMG_20130618_242003_088.jpg

IMG_20130618_241508_146.jpg

IMG_20130618_241235_577.jpg

:goodluck: on your decision. There are just so many good varieties out there now. Legalization, even in the restricted form available today, has been great for the seed industry.

Back
Top Bottom