Which rooting hormone?

amith

If a grower had a choice between just rooting hormone for:

1)softwood cuttings
2)semi-hardwood cuttings
3)hardwood cuttings

the brand is dynaroot. there is no other brands but that one.
which is the correct one?

my guess is 1)softwood cuttings is for cannabis but need opinions from the pro's.

Aloe works like a champ- as does rooting like you would basil or mint- cup of water on the window sill

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine

Aloe is great (nature's clonex)

anything that occurs in nature cannot be unnatural!

The Birth & Evolution Of A Dragon

I was just chatting with a friend in regards. Was on my way to research when I stopped here again. Has anyone made their own gel from an Aloe plant or even used one for this in any fashion? I've been using the bottled stuff, but I make all my own sup's and want to do the same with hormones.

Sorry. I don't mean to side track your thread, but there may be some alternatives to store bought options.
Hoping this helps so far! :Namaste:

I was just chatting with a friend in regards. Was on my way to research when I stopped here again. Has anyone made their own gel from an Aloe plant or even used one for this in any fashion? I've been using the bottled stuff, but I make all my own sup's and want to do the same with hormones.

Sorry. I don't mean to side track your thread, but there may be some alternatives to store bought options.

You just take a little rip off your aloe and dab the tip of your clone in- cut and shaved of course. I currently use nothing. It roots pretty well without using anything- work fast, work clean- the slow blade penetrates the shield

It's not a crime it's a cure

I would think number 1 also.

Can you get pure Aloe Vera gel where you are? Works as well as Clonex for me.

:Namaste:

Actually getting any kind of rooting hormone is a mission. after lots of hunting the ones mentioned is all could find.

but I may have access to an aloe vera plant. I will get a picture in the morning to confirm if it is. Had no idea it could be used for cloning.

No problem. actually your question is helpful

20161209999.JPG

Is this Aloe Vera?

As for the question I asked. I was searching online and came across a video. Hardwood is a branch of a plant/tree that is around 2 years old old. semi is somewhere between that and softwood. so softwood would therefore be the right choice.

20161209999.JPG

Is this Aloe Vera?

As for the question I asked. I was searching online and came across a video. Hardwood is a branch of a plant/tree that is around 2 years old old. semi is somewhere between that and softwood. so softwood would therefore be the right choice.

Yep. :hmmmm: We'll be seeing it on the shelves soon. Right next to the Clonex. amith's 100% Organic Cloning Gel. :thumb: Same results at a fraction of the cost. That's what happens when you leave the purple dye out. :shhh:

Clonex is a great product. Definitely worth being held as a standard to measure against. It's just a bit pricey IMO. $20 + USD for a little tiny bottle. Ouch. I think I'd rather invest that money into more tangible items. Lights, timers, fans etc. I kind of like using the Viagrow rapid rooters with the aloe too. Haven't lost a single clone since doing this btw. Extremely consistent. You can get a bag of 100 for only a little more than a jar of Clonex.

I found a few good cosmetic videos for extraction. Seems everyone has there own way to cut it, but basically it's cut the gel out with a knife. Scrape the rest off the skin. Blend until liquid and strain.

:Namaste:

Which clone was taken using aloe and which was taken using rooting powder and which was taken with nothing?
420-magazine-mobile380586301.jpg

It's not a crime it's a cure

Actually getting any kind of rooting hormone is a mission.\

Cinnamon powder, turmeric, willow water... an aspirin...

As has been mentioned, "nothing" also works great. You're not exactly trying to get a rock to grow roots, lol. People have had plants outside that got heavier than the branches could really support, causing those branches to droop, droop, droop until they were against the ground - and they sometimes returned to discover that the branch had grown roots into the soil.

Back
Top Bottom