Which Strawberry strain to grow?

Which strain should be my next grow?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hiya Curbcalamity I haven't grown any of those but they sound good! I vote 1,2,3 and 4 all at once. I'm gunshy on the Strawnana though because it has "nana" in it's name and I am up to my eyeballs in seeds in multiple plants because genius me thought it would be nice to have a few seeds and let the she-man run wild. "I can totally keep the propogation down!" Mhm. Great job PB. I could sew a football field.

Hard to say. They are all going to have good and bad pheno's. Strawberry Cough is the strawberry they used to make most the strawberry hybrids. That might make it the best choice.

Strawberry Amnesia might be the strongest. It also has a good chance of some of the strawberry coming out in flavor.

The Kush and Diesel hybrids might have the Strawberry smell but will probably finish with kush/fuel under tones. So won't have the strawberry flavor.

From what I know about the Banana Og and its hybrids is. They smell nice and have tons of frost but flavor is a bit lacking. My Banana Sorbet is strong as hell but not great on flavor. It is strong enough not to matter LOL.

Hope that helps. It is based mostly on the genetics and reputations of the parents.

I am growing Strawberry shortcake. Smells like strawberries and also has the taste. I just brought some to seed for the seeds as well as the purple kush. I also cross breeded the Stawbeery short with the purple kush to see what I get as for strain.

ive grown strawberry shortcake, or was it cheesecake found it lacking.
Hard to say. They are all going to have good and bad pheno's. Strawberry Cough is the strawberry they used to make most the strawberry hybrids. That might make it the best choice.

Strawberry Amnesia might be the strongest. It also has a good chance of some of the strawberry coming out in flavor.

The Kush and Diesel hybrids might have the Strawberry smell but will probably finish with kush/fuel under tones. So won't have the strawberry flavor.

From what I know about the Banana Og and its hybrids is. They smell nice and have tons of frost but flavor is a bit lacking. My Banana Sorbet is strong as hell but not great on flavor. It is strong enough not to matter LOL.

Hope that helps. It is based mostly on the genetics and reputations of the parents.
thank you good sir, you my mfriend have basically answered my question.

yeah idealy id like enough seeds to get them all tested to see which is the most strawberry. guess i wanna grow a room of all of them but not much point if im only doing 1 pheno oof each. but thanks youve narrowed my choices down to cough and amnesia!

yeah I did some digging and most of the strains are out other than cough and amnesia, but amnesia is an F1 strain so i dont know how that's going to go as a mum especially since they're all feminized. wrote dutch passion, asked if they'd sell unfem seeds of cough, awaiting a reply of "no" but worth asking I guess. no seed banks really like doing it though for obvious reasons.

A F-1 Amnesia should carry some Strawberry. In most case's you will find both parents in a F-1. The reason why I mentioned Amnesia. It shouldn't overpower the terpenes, it might even enhance the flavor. Finding a good strawberry is not going to be easy. It used to be a rare terpene profile. Now lots of strains will have the name but will only produce a small portion of its offspring will have that terpene profile.

Another strain to consider would be Greenhouse's Strawberry Haze. It has been out for a while with no big following. Not sure how good it is.

I ran a Strawberry Cough from Dutch Passion twice, but I didn't like it much. I thought it was supposed to be energizing, which it wasn't. It mostly cut off my higher mind functioning and made my mind stop thinking so much. I'm currently a writer, so not thinking made it harder to work, though it was nice at the end of the day to switch off.

Is your poll for Strawberry genetics you already have? Or ones you're looking into? I got some Strawberry Glue seeds I've wanted try but haven't gotten around to yet. I got mine from Seedsman, which apparently has (or had) 3 different 'strawberry glue' genetics from different breeders. I got the T.H. Seeds ones, which are Goji Glue x Strawberry Banana Cream. Amsterdam Genetics version is Gorilla Glue x Strawberry Banana. Dark Horse Genetics discontinued their stock which was Gorilla Glue 4 x Strawberry Diesel.

yeah i got in touch with dutch passion and dinafem in regards to their genetics as no i dot have any and was willing to do a hunt through as many seeeds as it took to find a real strawberry one but dinafem replied with a simple
"all our seeds are F1" - and why they are very simillar some strains likke critical+ 2.0 swings wildly. I wish I lived in the north americas sometimes, would make it way easier :(
dutch passion got in touch and were alot more information share-y

Unfortunately this is a question I will not be able to answer easily.
Strawberry Cough has been in our collection for quite some years so it should be coming close to an IBL by now.

However the variance in terpenes is something that you should check by yourself.
As far as we know there are only a few high terpene dominant pheno's left and they should all lean to a fruity, berry profile, with small differences.

so basically they it sounds bred the goodness out of her, im trying to get a hold of kyle kushman online and ask where is the best place to look for the genetics but shall see, the next few rounds are already sort of pre determined so i have a bit of time. my biologist friend recons if the story of the genetics are true, its most likely due to horizontal gene transfer so he said just grow strawberries in your room aswell. worst case, you get some strawberries.

I was surprised to find a decent Strawberry smelling pheno in my Strawberry Lemonade. It had very little smell growing. The Strawberry really came out when I was trimming. It is only in the smell though. Flavor is a cross between Og and cheese.

A F-1 Amnesia should carry some Strawberry. In most case's you will find both parents in a F-1. The reason why I mentioned Amnesia. It shouldn't overpower the terpenes, it might even enhance the flavor. Finding a good strawberry is not going to be easy. It used to be a rare terpene profile. Now lots of strains will have the name but will only produce a small portion of its offspring will have that terpene profile.

Another strain to consider would be Greenhouse's Strawberry Haze. It has been out for a while with no big following. Not sure how good it is.
That's the exact reason I'd love an F2 set of seeds so I can hunt down the pheno that still has the strawberry genetics but as it's not possible without a cut of the original parents I'm probably outta luck. I do love dinafem though, and since their all F1 I could theoretically make F2s but not ideal since they won't give non fem seeds to anyone I've asked sooooany times, promising if I find a amazing pheno I'd bring them a cut. But I've grown almost only their strains for a while now I just thought the real cough might be better but dinafem do seem to know what their doing.

A biologist friend said horizontal Gene transfer so I'm planting a few pots of strawberries in hanging baskets :p maybe I'll get lucky but I'd probably need to monster crop or let it go to see which I can't atm, need another proper breading room with atleast a hepa filter

so it seems I totally turned around and went the exact opposite of the poll results and have 6 strawberry banana from DNA genetics reserva privada and 5 dinafem strawberry amnesia and a few other goodies aswell.
IMG_20200529_224350_0.jpg

Back
Top Bottom