which TopLED for 5x5 grow tent?

I used a 300W TopLED for my first AK-47 grow in a 3x4x5 closet. I got about an ounce of very good medicine. I just bought a second one for my second grow to run in tandem with the first. I expect better yield, but we'll see.

I have no experience with heat output from HPS (I assume it runs quite hot). The LED arrays I use do give off heat. My closet gets to 85-90C quite quickly without some ventilation. I use an exhaust fan and carbon scrubber for odor control (AK47 gives off some serious odor) and cut an inlet vent with a separate booster fan to pull room air into the closet to help keep it under 85C.

I really hope you mean 85-90 F instead of C. Otherwise those are the hottest LEDs I've ever heard of.

haha, Dantes, I agree with you., it would be F:)

Sorry I am late. 5x5 area, our new mars II1600w would be ok.
I really hope you mean 85-90 F instead of C. Otherwise those are the hottest LEDs I've ever heard of.

I have a 192x3 reflector light also. Not impressed with it with 1 switch on or both. I have two other lights that are half the size and they do way better. I wish I had bought a mars 2, but I guess I'm stuck with this big piece of junk. All this big light does is put out a lot of heat. It's hanging in my grow room not even plugged up! Useless!

I have just been using a DIY of GU10 downlights. It was cheap to make and is CHEAP on the electric. I swap between cool white and warm white for veg and flower. It works great as I start with less lamps plugged in, just directly above the plants (I use aero' with fixed positions so can't move them during the grow) and add more lamps through veg' as they fill up the space. If I wanted I could gradually swap between cool white and warm white to better replicate nature but as this was my first time with this set-up, I didn't bother with that. At the mo' I use 9w (3x3w) but may upgrade to 12w if needed. I could even swap between 12w and 9w using 9w above the taller and 12w above the shorter to even out the height! I am 3 weeks into flower and all is going very well. Don't forget that all you need to do is provide enough of the right colours. Getting the spectrum spot on perfect is just about minimising electricity use. I have 75x9w downlights and that seems plenty for my 3'3"x3'3". They are Epistar LED's from China at just $3 each and I am very happy with them. Be careful of companies getting deep into your wallet with extensive use of techno-babble and use the science with a bit of common sense. My design gives me much more flexibility than any commercial design and is seeming perfect so far. Hope this helps.

Hi, indica4mymeds. thanks for your attention to our light. :thanks: i just send a PM to u, please check it. :high-five:
Sara,
Do you give a discount to 420 forum members?Also,what's your ebay seller name?

I also purchased 2 of the 100x3 Classic/Old Style Standard Spectrum lights. I am having an issue. Light Bleaching/Stress. I have now moved the lights to approximately 2ft from the plants. Do you think I was just too close? Sorry I jumped in on your thread. I found someone talking about the lights I have a leaped in. Sorry :)

Hi
Deadeye System I have one of those lights (300w LED from topled) In a closet 2x3x5 (ft) now, it seems to be working OK but the buds are small.. Now at 5 weeks, much smaller than the 250w HPS at the same amount of time. The 300 LED light veg's just about as good as mh. I am hoping they will get bigger but highly doubt it, time will tell. I also have the 600w Reflector 192x3,in a 4x4 tent, I cannot say any thing good about this light either, but I will give it a chance. I am hoping at the end of my grow the LED Panels I have purchased will perform as advertised.

Back
Top Bottom