• Cannazyme

Votes: 5 11.6%
  • Hygrozyme

Votes: 18 41.9%
  • Other

Votes: 17 39.5%

• Total voters

Green007

Please tell us which 'zyme you use in your res, when you use it during the grow, how much you use, and anything you like or dislike about it.

Also note the shelf life of the bottle after it is opened, if you know.

Double Ought,

I voted Hydrozyme because of what I have read and seen, thinking it is most popular, but not from experience. I've seen many growers praise it as an enzyme that will eat dead roots and digest anything in the water that needs digesting. Many growers say it helps in water that is too warm too, to prevent root rot or deal with root rot.

I havent been using any "zyme" this go around. Next grow however Ill be using some... is it hygrozyme or hydrozyme?:blunt:

Roseman - I've read the same things :)

Joe & Reefa - :thanks: for checking this out. Hopefully we will all get some answers to our questions.

I use Hygrozyme only if necessary, like a bad smell from the res. Change the water out and add some 'Zyme. Also if growing from reg seed, the week after male removal it helps in my opinion. Shelf life would be good to know because I don't.
Later.

I have used hygrozyme and noted an improvement in plant health over those without it. I have been giving Advanced Nutrients "Bigger Yields Flowering System" a try and using the Sensizyme in my res. I still clean with Hygrozyme (used hydroton, resevoirs, equip, etc.) because I have it available and don't want to use up sensizyme for cleaning. I may be switching back to hygrozyme after the head to head grow I will do once my current one is complete. So I guess you could say I use both, but voted sensizyme since I use it in the res.:morenutes:

I have used hygrozyme and noted an improvement in plant health over those without it. I have been giving Advanced Nutrients "Bigger Yields Flowering System" a try and using the Sensizyme in my res. I still clean with Hygrozyme (used hydroton, resevoirs, equip, etc.) because I have it available and don't want to use up sensizyme for cleaning. I may be switching back to hygrozyme after the head to head grow I will do once my current one is complete. So I guess you could say I use both, but voted sensizyme since I use it in the res.:morenutes:

Thanks drdan, I will be watching your journal. I actually just subscribed the other day. Please stop back and give us an update on your "head to head" challenge.
:hookah:

There is a HYDROZYME and a HYGROZYME, both very similar and both similar to SM-90, both are enzymes to digest dead matter in the tank.

I use Hygrozyme only if necessary, like a bad smell from the res. Change the water out and add some 'Zyme. Also if growing from reg seed, the week after male removal it helps in my opinion. Shelf life would be good to know because I don't.
Later.

I think between the additive and the more frequent rez change, the latter is better.

Its the slime that's the turn off (sorry Zappa)

:thanks: for the input! I really am interested to know who is using what.

we've never heard of any of them but it sounds interesting...

So that tells you we don't use any of them. When we first started we were told H2O2 helps keep the roots brite and helps break down any dead matter (Not sure it thats true but seems to work for us)

I use white vinegar to clean my tubs, net cups and air stones in between grows. It's cheep, and removes all the salt/mineral build up with little to no work....it also doesn't leave any unwanted residue (we also use it to adjust our PH) and did I mention it's cheep?

Thanks drdan, I will be watching your journal. I actually just subscribed the other day. Please stop back and give us an update on your "head to head" challenge.
:hookah:

You betcha! Will be happy to share the info here. Thanks for subscribing to my grow journal, I hope you enjoy the ride.:popcorn:

Back
Top Bottom