Votes: 3 7.0%
  • Cannazyme

Votes: 5 11.6%
  • Hygrozyme

Votes: 18 41.9%
  • Other

Votes: 17 39.5%

• Total voters
we've never heard of any of them but it sounds interesting...

So that tells you we don't use any of them. When we first started we were told H2O2 helps keep the roots brite and helps break down any dead matter (Not sure it thats true but seems to work for us)

I use white vinegar to clean my tubs, net cups and air stones in between grows. It's cheep, and removes all the salt/mineral build up with little to no work....it also doesn't leave any unwanted residue (we also use it to adjust our PH) and did I mention it's cheep?

Thanks for the input SK-Slappy. :thanks:

i like 2 check sponsors 4 all my grow needs. better 2 choose the best products and support our cause! i was pleased 2 see the maker of my grow box on that list:):Rasta:

You Rock! :theband:

You betcha! Will be happy to share the info here. Thanks for subscribing to my grow journal, I hope you enjoy the ride.:popcorn:

:thanks: It is appreciated

I thought there were a lot more people using these enzymes. I hear buzz about them everywhere turn. Tell your friends, have them come express their opinions. :)

Well, most of you know I have used all three. They are funchtionally the same so I buy what's on sale. I think it protects the root if high temps get to be a problem by eating any rot the high temps may do to the roots. The roots just seem to be happier with it than without it. I start with a small dose and sort of gauge the dose by how big the root is but never use more than 3/4 the recommended dose ( usually around 9ml/gal is the recommended dose and I use 6- 6 1/2 at most and start out with 1ml per gallon.

I use the hygrozyme and like it well enough. Makes for really white root system and clean res. I have heard of using to much and getting a bad black foamy crap floating on top in your res but have never had it happen. I would guess if you started using it part way through and you have already have a bunch of dead roots it might over react if you will. Its supposed to turn dead plant material into nitrogen for the plant to use. I have always used it at half strength with good results. Just my 2cents:thumb:

I primarily use Nitrozime and am very happy with it... I started using hygrozyme in another grow, and it seems to do fine. I will have more of an opinion on it later in time..

Green007,

My post may not make you happy. But, here goes.....................

I'm with SK-Happy on H202. Keeps dead roots from happening in the first place. Should some roots have the sheer audacity to actually die in my tank, the free O bouncing around soon makes short work of them. LOL!

Where I part with SK is on the use of vinegar for cleaning the tanks and adjusting PH. Not, because I think he is wrong.......I just bloody hate the smell of vinegar. To get around my distaste for vinegar, I hyper-chorinate my reservoirs, and inside the resevoirs run any solution pumps that I want to clean, in a strong bleach (~ 100ppm) and water solution. After about 1/2 hour, flush the resevoir and pump(s) with fresh tap water for another 1/2 hour. Works great and is cheeeep!

The two 'enzyme-type' products that I now consider a "must" for all my future grows are bacteria sold by Advanced Nutrients: "Tarantula" which protects roots and their "Pirahnna" product which promotes root growth. These 2 products are not "cheeeeep", but I have noticed a significant improvement in root growth and health when used in conjunction with H202.

I also use a Vitamin B1 supplement. I buy the economy version is gardening stores. This was the first additive I experimented with on my grows. Noticeable improvement and did I mention "cheeeeep".

I hope this helps somebody.
:peacetwo:
Searcher

@ Be Irie - please let me know how you like it after you use it.

@ Searcher - I'm not upset or offended, I want to know what people are using and how it is working for them, we are all here to learn - thanks for your input.
(if there was only 1 way to do it right, we would all be doing it that way! lol)

@ Hotsause - please let me now how you like it after you use it.

Sorry Green, Didn't know what the stuff was till you brought this up. I was still trying to figure out what Cal mag was. LOL I only used H2O2. I am going to look into this for my next grow.

Mr.Green007..

Unfortunately for me Brother,, (Like some of the others here) I do not know anything about it,, other than whats been said here.. Im very interested now though,, this Topic is another thing that I personally would like to know YOUR Opinion on Mr.Green007,, as well as many others.. ..

Im still just a little Pup in a BIG Dawgz World to this Hydro Thang,, but Im VERY EAGER to learn.. Since finding this Site a little over a Month ago,, Ive spent more time Reading in that Month than I have my entire Life.. lol.. Kidding.. .. Kind of.. .. lol

Thank You yet again for your time and Input that youve put into this Mr.Green007,, this Site is a better Place because of People like you !! !!

:)

being my first grow with bubbles i used cannazyme thinking they were all the same it wasn't until i started using it i read your not to use with h202 not that i used h202 until i needed to so my next grow i'm thinking of using hydrozyme :roorrip: peace

Hello everyone,
How about multi-zen,,,from H & G ...I think it's more concentrated ...( less expensive )

I use 4 ml gall/ res change weekly 40 gallons==160 ml once a week -

same dose of carboload

Informative poll.....Thanks Green007

enjoy

Back
Top Bottom